Tuesday, March 30, 2010

To my future daughters-in-law,

If you believe that your husbands are sane and decent men, you are welcome. I have spent YEARS training them. Please take a moment to look at the raw material with which I was given to work.




With much love (and empathy),

Mom




That is right, this is what I came out to find after leaving the boys alone for less than 5 minutes.



One moment little Grant sat looking around just enjoying being outside with the big boys, never thinking about how his brothers could tarnish him in the blink of an eye. Dirt was everywhere, including every one's hair.

When I asked the biggest one why he would even think of doing something like this the response was, "I thought you would be happy." I questioned, "Why would I be happy that you put dirt all over the baby." The very creative answer, "Umm, we were going to put plants around him. We thought you would like to put it on your blog so all of your friends could say that you are flowerlicious." They are such thoughtful boys to think of me and work so hard to make me happy, aren't they?

The aftermath:

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny. They are a lot of work. You must never get any time to yourself. I love the way you put things on your blog. Jackson is the big boy and leader I would say. But he is very thoughtfull child.

hdknowles said...

Look at that beautiful smile on Grant's face. How could you be angry with that! Just remember, it's only dirt.

The Cockerills said...

Sounds like my nephew! Go boys!

Pam said...

How flowericious!

MaryBeth said...

Wow. Just wow.

Bruveleit Babblings said...

You are doing a great job Momma! Keep Smiling and Laughing, or you will cry! LOL

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

How funny, so glad you captured it in photos. You have to admit it makes you smile. Luv and hugs.

drmudgett said...

They are So funny! Wow, great job Jackson! Great Vocabulary, I have been to college and didn't even know that word!

Lissa said...

oh this is so great!!! you wait until grant is old enough to help brain storm ideas with the other two!! And the 'aftermath' tells the story so superbly! ...hmmmm where oh where have I seen this played out before?? did any of the boys snack on the dirt as it was being thrown about?

Harrison's said...

Can't wait to have another boy!! I love the planting flowers comeback....pretty creative I must say!

Jen said...

Boys will be boys! Looking at that and am now thankful for my all girl children even if the drama is too much at times.

Corinne said...

That is HILARIOUS. Honestly, what a great job they did, flowerfying his excersauser :)

Karen said...

One thing I know...Little kids and dirt are inseparable. Totally cute...

Harrison's said...

I think this is the blog I got it from:
http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/2008/05/lds-link-buttons.html

CR said...

Denise, you are my hero! And your writing is hilarious. And I love your boys. I'm thinking that I only have one boy because God knew I could not handle anymore. I love him, but OH my GOODNESS!!! I used to think I was a pretty good Mom until I had a boy. ;)