Be honest in your comment, how many did you identify BEFORE you look at the following answers?
Answers: (1) The child is close to being naked. (2) The only thing making him NOT fully naked is the USED swim diaper after spending some time in the wading pool. (3) The hair hasn't been touched except, maybe, by fingers that have jelly on them. (4) Yes, that is his lunch that he is eating ON THE COUCH. (5) Oh, yeah. He is eating Skittles and potato chips FOR LUNCH. (6) What you can't see in the picture is that he is watching tv. (7) And it's not Barney, it's THE VIEW. (I'm not even counting the fact that the couch is made into a bed which means that the cushions are ALL OVER the family room probably laying on top of Goldfish crackers or crushed up chips.
Feel free to come on over. I'm open to giving lessons...
18 comments:
I LOVE you!!! Actually, the fact that you posted this is a sign of exceptionally wonderful parenting! How did Luke get to be so big? I haven't been keeping up with any blogs, and now I see I've missed out on too much fun. You are an amazing mommy with a wonderful sense of humor. Keep up the good work. I'd love Skittles and chips for lunch!
p.s. I MISS you. When are you guys going to move back? We need you in Maryland.
Bwahahahah!!! This is too funny but also all too common with us members of the Super Mommies Club, right? I had a friend admit that while her husband spends the weeknights away for his job that her kids get cereal for dinner every night.
I didn't notice anything. After searching, I noticed the candy, but everything else seemed pretty normal to me, including the candy. Eli is a super candy sniffer-outer. Eli often likes to wear his pull-up as long as he can in the morning (can we say YUCK!) I literally have to remove it from him (Boys!).
Let me tell you what's normal about our house from that picture: cushions gone, blankets on couch, children hardly clothed, hair never touched unless we're leaving the house or taking a picture, potato chips (aren't those a staple?), lunch on the couch is a common occurence (I'm just happy on some days that they eat!), and what's wrong with the TV? My kids even know how to use the DVR!
That's not bad parenting, that's NORMAL parenting!
You're dang right that is bad parenting!!!! That should be potato chips and M&M's... not skittles. What kind of mom are you??? ;) ♥
I got 2 right, the skittles and the swim diaper, Yeah me
But why is that wrong? I would just be careful cause swimmers don't hold much.
Too funny, all I have to say is the kids sure look happy and isn't that what life is all about? You do have a great sense of humor.
I am sure this isn't the norm. Plus, Luke doesn't look like he has suffered from the diet his normally eats. You are one wonderful mom! You will have to read my blog I hope to post later today...It will be rather funny also! Luv and hugs!
Luke needs his vitamin S and C. He gets it from that food. Also I think you are doing an amazing job with him. He was in the pool you actually filled it. I bet a little water got dripped in the house? Hope everything is going great you are too funny you should be a professional journalist.
skittles and chips...awesome. My kids are almost always practically naked at home and you should see their hair!!
The kid is having lunch so that's a plus. Some days I totally forget about lunch and my kids are starving by 3:00. He is such a cutie and it's too hot to wear clothes so I love that he's in a swim diaper.
I also love the blessing picture of your family below. All three of your boys are so darling and Grant just looks like an angel.
I heard that the more colorful a meal is the better it is for you. Luke's lunch looks colorful. And chips are a vegetable, skittles are fruit. The smile on his face says it all...you're a great mom!
Hi Denise - You left a comment on my blog a few days ago. I'm Michelle Jolley's friend in Charlotte. I just wanted to say thanks. I hope things are going better for you. Funny thing. We just moved from Cheverly MD, by College Park 2 years ago. We were in the Carrollton Ward for 6 years. The Mowers are our good friends. How about that for a small world??
So, I'm not gonna lie, the m&ms were the only thing I saw and frankly, i gave Preston three cookies for snack today :)
this was really funny
Bad parenting? I see only good parenting-he is safe, happy and fed!
Denise, you are SO awesome! I love it, I laughed so hard. But seriously, at first I could not come up with anything, and then the only thing I could think of was eating in the living room. But that just means you are fun, instead of mean like me! I love you!
I'm just jealous of Luke's lunch.
This was great. I followed you over here from On the Parenting Front Line. Enjoyed reading some of your stuff. Cute fam!
Post a Comment