Monday, July 13, 2009

A Visitor...

Last week, my wonderful father came to meet his new grandson.



He was a BIG help and we had a lot of fun. We went to Spenser Park and enjoyed the summer warmth. (It really doesn't get hot enough here for me.) Luke had a blast splashing in the Lake.





He really got into playing with this shell. He tossed it in the lake and dug with it for almost an hour.



Turns out it wasn't a shell, but part of a plastic spoon. So much for nature.

Jackson even got to share a paddle boat ride with his Grandpa.





When I told Jackson that it was time for Pop Pop to leave he was NOT happy. He already misses his basketball partner. Thanks for coming, Dad. We love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time. Grant is such a great baby. Next time I will try to stay longer. Luke is so much fun. Always into something and full of mischief but a smile and way about him to melt your heart. Jackson is so coordinated for his age he is going to be a star in some sport. I think soccer is his sport but then basketball and football are also sports he excells in. Jimmy and your hospitality is overwelming-thanks. Thank you for this very nice post and I love you, Dad

Michelle said...

Yay for Pop Pop's visits! I know it must have been wonderful having him there, plus your mom was there not too long ago, too, right? Glad you get the visits. For one, you need family when you're far away, and two, I'm sure the extra help with kids is an added bonus to the family visits! I'm so glad you had the family time!

Jen said...

Those boys sure are lucky to have a grandpa who spends such quality time with them. Looks like it was a fun visit.

hdknowles said...

Grandma is coming on the 29th. I can't believe how much bigger Grant is than he was when I was there in May. Love talking to Luke on the phone these days. Can't wait to see everyone. Love, Mom

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

Aw such sweet photos and I know Pop Pop loves the kids to death. It is hard on him being so far away. Grandma is missing them too! I know she can't wait to come back out. The boys are growing so fast. I am so glad you post photos so we can see them. Hope all is well with you and Jimmy, I know this upcoming move can't be easy. Luv and hugs!

Cindy said...

Grandpas are great, aren't they?

Donna Black Davis said...

What fun!!! I'm so glad your dad could come. Gosh, I can't believe how big the boys are getting. Jackson has really shot up. When will you guys be in MD next? What an adorable family.