Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Help Make a Miracle

My dear, dear friend needs help. She has been trying to have a baby through infertility treatments and/or adoption for SO long now. She has had many setbacks (The most tragic being one of the birth mothers that she and her husband were working with had an abortion when she was six months pregnant.) Megan and Scott are beginning to feel hopeless.

Her family came up with the idea of having an auction to help raise the money that they need to have a sweet little child in their care. I've known Megan for 10 years and this girl ROCKS. She is kind, smart, spiritual, and loads of fun. As I get to know Scott I can say the same for him. This couple is amazing and will make some little child's life absolutely wonderful.

Please take a moment and read their story here. If you are really feeling the love, post something on your blog to get the message out to as many people as possible, become a follower and/or donate something for the auction. You can help make a miracle.

(For those of you who were in the Silver Spring Stake, this is Elder and Sister Neilson's daughter. If you remember this amazing missionary couple, you can bet the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.)

4 comments:

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

Denise, can you get me an address or site that I could make a donation to the fund at the bank for Megan and Scott? They just mentioned a fund set up at Zion' Bank but not how to make a donations and where. I think individuals who don't live near Silver Springs like us might want to contribute to this cause,but can't get there to donate an item. Think you could get us an address or site? Thanks Sue

Scott and Megan said...

oh my gosh Denise this just brings me to bloody tears!!! THank you is not enough to express my gratitude. Not only for the "advertisement" but for the kind things you have said about me. I know that if we lived closer we would be inseperable! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I asked my sister and Julie Kaye who is heading this up about the donation and soon there should be something on the miracle blog...but let me know if not. Love you so much!

brooke said...

I just read her story on her blog. I can't believe what some people go through--I'm definately going to support her auction. I will put the word out on my blog in a few days.

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

Any word on how the event went? I made a small donation and was wondering if they raised a lot at the event. I have been thinking of them lots lately.