Friday, September 4, 2009

What I've been doing...

The last time that I posted anything that required more than 10 minutes of my time was nearly 7 weeks ago. Since SO many of my readers and friends have been heartbroken and bored without a new post to read AND have been using every last moment of their time to find out if I am still alive, I thought I would fill in one of the blanks. (By the way, when I say SO many of my readers and friends, I mean my sister, Kim.)

You may remember the saga of our landlords deciding to foreclose on their home. (I'm sure I will get around to posting the ending of that nasty tale at some point, but not today.) After 5 months of looking and 8 houses falling through in one way or another we FINALLY found another house that we both like well enough to rent and the owners actually choose us. (Boy will they be sorry about that choice after they see what three crazy boys can do to a place.)

As you might imagine I have spent the last 7 weeks packing, moving and BEGINNING to unpack. (Oh yeah, and taking care of the 3 month old. AND doing my best to ignore the other two as much as possible until the 2 year old has a meltdown or the 6 year old dumps sugar all over the kitchen floor.) Even though I had a lot of help with the packing process, (My lovely mother even came out to hang with the kiddies.) I ran out of packing time and ended up throwing things in GROCERY bags just to have something in which to carry them. That doesn't make for a very organized life once said bags are at the new place unlabeled.

Also, I had no idea how difficult it would be to find the time to get the house unpacked and in order while caring for a very young baby and the other guys, as well. Some days I get nothing accomplished. And other days, just when I have gotten a box or two unpacked and feel like I am making progress, I look the opposite direction and see mounds of dishes or laundry that need to be done. Or, someone gets a weird rash and we have to waste our day at the doctors office only to find out that we ALL have Strep throat. (Is my life glamorous or what?)

I have, oh-so-many, posts to write and past events to chronicle. I really have missed blogging and have, often, "written" posts in my head while we are walking to the park or setting up for the yard sale. I'm going to try my best to fit it in among the chaos, which had better be cleaned up before it snows and we need the garage for our cars. Right now, this is what I'm dealing with:



12 comments:

MaryBeth said...

MOVING SUCKS!

But that smiley face at the bottom of the picture is dang cute :)

Higleys said...

Thanks for the update. The picture is way cute.

hdknowles said...

You can always hide things away in the garage - take a box or two a day and in no time it will be finished. Sorry I could come out again to help, but there's that work thing that keeps getting in the way. Any decision yet on Highlights?

Kim said...

Hurrah your back! I guess I can't really talk because I have been working on a blog for a few weeks but can't get the video to work, so hopefully it will be out today. But, I was not the first comment on here so CLEARLY everyone else missed you too! Sorry about the mess. Congrats on the garage sale, hope it went well and you got ride of some stuff.

Anonymous said...

Oh I have been checking everyday finally you post but I feel really bad for the tough life you have currently. This too will pass... Wish you were here in Md. so I could run over and help. I have been working alot and with my vacation time reserved for January I can't even see when I could come out to help. I really owe you putting on a yard sale hope you had a successfull one.

Anonymous said...

You have a new baby! Congratz my friend! You've been a busy mom for sure with moving too! You're amazing! And, your boys are so cute! I'm very happy for you!

Lissa said...

oh my gosh you have a lot of stuff!! what a cute little smile Luke has...when I say cute, I mean, devious, like he is saying "look at this pile of stuff waiting for me to get into!! I am so excited and happy!! )

I cannot believe the rental saga story that you already posted, and there is more!??!?!

I keep telling myself as my house is falling apart, "why don't we just rent?" now I know why!

you must post the rest of that saga as soon as you take a break from the pile!

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

Denise, you are such a trooper! And you still have a sense of humor. You are amazing.Luke sure does look adorable. Just take it easy and go with the flow. Take one day at a time and one box at a time. Enjoy the children the house work can wait. Love em while they are young they grow up all too soon. Luv & hugs!

Natalie said...

Oh bless you. Moving truly does suck. We too stashed stuff in plastic grocery sacks and 6 months later I'm still trying to get it all unpacked. Hope you get settled in soon and your life gets back to 'normal.'

Cindy said...

I can't move. NOT ever. I don't think your piles look so bad. And I like your mom's idea about hiding it in the garage, but our garage is full now. I always enjoy reading your blog and am glad you are in touch with your blogging friends once again.

Karen said...

You're doing great! Moving on top of everything else... I feel like I am trying to run up a mountain every day with just the day to day house stuff to take care of, if I threw in a newborn or a move, forget it. You have amazing energy and a gift for seeing the humor in things.

holly b said...

I've been hit n miss on blogger too, but I was wondering where you ended up finding a place. good luck. limbo land is never a fun place to be!! at least you have a garage! : )