Dear Jackson,
The next time that you and your friend are playing at recess and decide that you are both "sick", please make sure that it isn't when both of your brothers are napping. Also, when you come home because of a stomachache the first thing that comes out of your mouth should not be, "when we get home, can I have some ice cream?" In addition, if you really want people to think you are sick moaning, groaning and laying around are in order. Wrestling, fighting, eating two waffles and generally acting like a wild man with ADHD on PCP are not the best ways to get sympathy. And, yes, you are going to school tomorrow.
Love,
Mom
Dear Luke,
You are more than welcome to jump on Mommy's back when she is laying on the floor and pretend to go for a ride. You are only two so it is understandable that you get your animals mixed up. However, until you learn that people ride horses, not cows, your riding days are over. Also, if you disagree with Mommy when she tells you that it is a horse you are riding and not a cow, choose any other animal to correct her except for the one you chose: elephant.
We will be doing a lot of work on recognizing animals over the next little while.
Thank you,
Mommy
14 comments:
Your letter to Luke made me laugh -do we need to get him a Christmas present that teaches animal names? Jackson seems to be pulling the "sick" card a little early. Seems like something you do when you're in 3rd-4th grade. Oh, well, boys will be boys.
Teach Luke to ride Gazelles.
(DYING LAUGHING!) Don't you know Mom, ice cream is doctor's choice for sick kids!
BTW: School nurses have to call you with EVERYTHING. They can check temperature and relay events, but they don't seem to offer opinions much.(Unless the kid has a fever, then they will tell you to get them) so you don't have to take him if you think he is faking it. In fact, I have gotten three calls for one kid already this year, all three times the nurse was told, "it's just another case of "fo'gottenworkitis", send him back to class". My rule of thumb, if they have a fever or have vomitted they get to come home, other than that, they can deal with it for a few more hours.
Mom,
As you know, Jackson has always been "advanced".
Kristin,
Yes, the gazelle. I will work with him on that.
Tammy,
I will take your words of wisdom. I did have him sent back to class once and then they called me again. When I got there I knew I should have left him but there was only an hour left so I didn't feel like coming back. BTW- there are no school nurses out here, only secretaries...
Wow, we've had the same sort of thing here. Low-grade fever so I had to go pick him up but pretty much non-stop snacking, demanding, and high-energy play ever since. It's exhausting!
Too funny! I hope Jackson won't pull something like this regularly...
I had the school nurse in 7th grade convinced that I had a disease and needed to go home regularly. Your post about Luke was so funny. He needs some sensitivity for mothers training. How about a cheetah? That sounds more elegant to me.
HA HA HA, I can relate to Jackson I am sure I pulled that on my mother and I had 6 siblings to deal with. But I seem to remember having to stay in the nurses office for a long time before I got to go home. Atleast Jack did admit it when I talked to him and said "well I miss my parents". Sooo sweet isn't it nice to be wanted. As far as Luke goes you could be a dear like bambi. But we should teach him the truth he is riding an angel.
Dad,
I'm gagging. (But, thanks..)
That's my nephew and I thought I didn't teach him much and what is up with the whole Jackson comment about his aunt with curly hair who used to be fat. I wonder who he was talking about and why is that insulting?
Totally hilarious. I think Maya had her first incident of faking sick this week at school.
Oh how funny! The only time I ever tried to fake being sick, mom called the Dr (and back then they made house calls) he came to the house and checked me and to my surprise he said I had an ear infection. He even gave mom an Rx for medication. So I felt like a failure at even that! LOL Now Luke on the other hand, I loved your dad's comment. I think he was right! Luv and hugs, Aunt Sue
Cute boys! Gotta love 'em.
Here's a conversation between Annie and me one day while going up stairs (Annie was behind/below me).
Annie: Mama, do all mommies have butts as big as yours?
Me: I hope so.
They are hilarious! I laughed so hard I almost wet myself! Someday Luke will realize that you really are a gazelle!
Post a Comment