Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today

My day today was not unusual. I'm sure most parents have the same things happen at their homes. I just happened to record A FEW of the happenings around our house today. You may be able to see why I don't have time to read...or shower.

I heard Luke making Grant laugh hysterically so I grabbed the camera because I wanted to get video of the baby laughing. This is what I found:



Have you ever tried to clean up wet Rice Krispies? It ain't fun.

On a very UNusual whim, I decided to make some cookies from scratch. Luke had a blast helping me. As you can imagine, there were lots of sticky bowls and cookie sheets to clean up. This is what Luke was doing as I took care of the cookie mess:



I didn't get any pictures of the Spaghettios that were, for some reason, dumped in the toilet and sink, a little gift from Jackson, I suppose. They left a nice ring around the freshly scrubbed sink. I also didn't want to annoy my husband as he cleaned up THREE separate soda spills within 30 minutes. (Perhaps, he now knows that water is not only served for it's health benefits.) Here is one more, just for fun. At least this was easy to clean up:



Thank goodness I got my taxes done yesterday. If you feel badly because I don't call you to shoot the breeze enough, maybe now you will forgive me?

16 comments:

Pam said...

I know these videos all too well. Which is why I think we never are able to find some time to chat on the phone. The wonderfulness of Motherhood :)

my word verification oddly is "lment"

Anonymous said...

Luke is so much fun. Jackson must have a great time with his little brother. However it doesn't look like mommy is having so much fun cleaning up the endless jobs around the house. We are getting excited at the prospect of our short visit in a couple weeks.

Higleys said...

My favorite part was when Luke said yea to the shower at the end of the clip. Amen to all the above pictures and incidents. No wonder my house is a wreck by 7:30am (they get up y 7).

Alison said...

There's nothing like your baby rolling around in wet cereal. I do love the post with the dirt on the super saucer too... looks like you are one busy girl!

CR said...

I can't believe you stayed so calm. I guess we have to either laugh or cry, right? Luke was too funny when he was saying that he wanted to make the baby laugh. And then telling you that there was dirt in the sock. That kid is a hoot! Thanks again for making my day.

mmmandy! said...

I already commented on this on FB, but I just wanted to say that I miss you!! And wish you lived closer! Love you, my friend!

*~Petra~* said...

Denise, there are just no words! You will have many extra blessings in heaven woman! :)

drmudgett said...

I am so excited to come and see you guys. Although after seeing this, I am wondering if any of this is going to rub off on Anna. Maybe they will just learn from each others good habits? I love you!

hdknowles said...

Your videos have been so entertaining lately. I love Luke's explanations. Have you forgotten about The Blitz. Don't worry about the house during the day. Right before Jimmy is to arrive home, play the game we used to play when you all were little. Yell "The Blitz" and everyone runs around and picks up the mess. It was such a memorable game and so fun to play. And just because I had 3 girls, don't think you all didn't make major messes when you were little.

Cindy said...

Girls make messes too, boys just seem to be better at it. Also the messes seem to increase exponentially with each new child. Before you know it your boys will be grown and picking up messes their children leave behind. You can sit back, laugh, and show them this post.

Jana said...

Oh, Denise. This makes me feel at least a little better about not having a boy. My girls have dirt-phobia, so I don't forsee ever having that kind of a mess. But we are really good at spilling things.

Corinne said...

Friend, really. I hear you about days like that.

Jen said...

Oh, no! I guess it really is different living with boys. My girls make messes but not to this extent. I will say though that Mimi has gotten a taste for writing on furniture and even carpets (yes, it's possible). Have fun with that! I wish I had a solution, but I don't:)

Scott and Megan said...

oh Denise you are so witty and charming! your discourse on Easter was genius! Man you are funny and so dead on. I would love to come live a day in your life. Your three little men are adorable!!! Hopefully you are doing great! I miss you strangely enough...:) xo

Karen said...

Hang in there. It can't possibly last forever. This reminds me of life at my house...mostly a few years ago, but sometimes now too. It's like running up a mountain, every single day. Girls can be champion mess-makers too, don't be fooled. When Maya was 2 and 3 she used to dump out whole bags of flour in the kitchen whenever she could get her hands on one and play "snow". We usually remembered to hide them, but not always. On the bright side, I guess she was being creative since she was not likely to see any real snow in Mesa.

brooke said...

This post made me laugh and I needed a laugh today. Then I read your Easter post and I laughed even harder because I was sooo there with you on Easter and my disdain for the bunny.

Your boys are so cute--I'd probably let them get away wtih murder!