Saturday night Barrington and I got together with a group of friends for dinner. We had fun and the kids were ALL ASLEEP when we got home!!!! Seriously, this is a first. I wished we had stayed out far later...
Sunday I got to teach Sharing Time in Primary. The lesson was on the Holy Ghost and I really knew that the Spirit was with us. I've never seen the children so reverent. They shared their experiences with the Holy Spirit. I wish I could describe how special the meeting was with the older kids, but there just aren't words.
On Monday, Memorial Day, I had loads of plans to get this and that done... None of it happened, but we did get to spend some much needed time together. Monday morning we went to relax at the lake for a while. Barrington "graciously" agreed to grace us with his presence for exactly 60 minutes as long as he could read the whole time on the beach.
After he saw how much fun we were having I guess he changed his mind because he did actually interact with us. (I ended up being the one who wanted to leave first.)
I figured that we would spend some time playing in the sand. I didn't think that the water would be warm enough to swim, I was thinking that we would maybe dip our toes in. I was unprepared for what happened...
Yes, full on swimming. Let me tell you that diapers can really grow when fully immersed in water. (I did have extra diapers so the little ones got to ride home nice and dry sitting in their car seats wearing nothing more than a diaper. Jackson refused to ride home naked, so he sat in his wet shorts on a towel.)
Luke had a blast throwing sand and rocks into the lake and dumping buckets of water on the sand.
I spent a good deal of time doing this...
(I have a feeling it won't be long before my assistance is no longer necessary.)
We hit Dairy Queen on the way home and talked about how blessed we are to live in a free society. Jackson made the analogy that the bad leaders of other countries are "like Darth Vader...They don't want anyone questioning them." At home, there were naps and alternating errands which made it possible for me to go out sans children. So, the yard still looks hideous with long grass and weeds everywhere but, really, how important is having a perfectly groomed yard? It was a lovely weekend for which I'm very grateful.
7 comments:
It is great to see the pictures but really should Jackson be putting that lake water in his mouth? Looks like a great day. I have been checking for posts and this was a good one thanks. Love, Dad
My feet are cold looking at this - I can't believe they got in the water this early in the season. Looks like you all had a great family outing. I love the photos.
I'm glad you got to have such a fun weekend.
Spending time with the whole family does make it easier to count our blessings and remember what we have.
Extra clothes in the car are good. Somehow they get used at the least likely times. I forgot clothes for the baby this weekend and used the extra from his big bother (15 month in 3T, not naked though)
Awww, it looks like you guys had a great holiday weekend. The boys are all getting so big. Can't believe Grant is almost walking. Violet just started crawling a little over a week ago, but I've caught her pulling herself up already. It's too soon for that:|
Sometimes life is just too busy for blogging, but it is good to hear from you again. Grant is so precious!
Denise, as always you look AMAZING! How do you do it?
That is hilarious that Barrington "graced" you with his presence. Glad he and everyone ended up having a good time. Your boys just get cuter every day.
I'm glad you had a great holiday with your family. So, was the water indeed cold, and the kids didn't care? Or was it just so warm that they couldn't resist? I like what you wrote about your sharing time experience too, that sounds like it was really special.
Post a Comment