You are becoming such a big boy! You hardly seem like my baby anymore. You are a rough and tumble little guy with a sensitive and caring heart.
You are a
You love to wear your
You have really come out of your shy shell this year. You can be stubborn. When the swimming teacher told all the little Nemos to get into the water on the first day of class you stood on the side of the pool and screamed, "I am a shark, not a fish!" (You never did get into the water.)
You are cool. You have mad rhythm and love music. You walk with a cool little strut when you are feeling your best. You have a smile that lights up the room.
You still sleep with your paci and silky and refuse to give up your diapers no matter how cool the underwear offered might be.
You need to cuddle. You can often be heard saying, "Pease cuddle me?" or "I need YOU!" It is usually directed at Mommy. And you love your Mama. You want to "marry me and kiss me at the movies" and you are not the least bit embarrassed when your bother teases you about it. You like to "be" Mommy when you play
You like to play rough with your brothers, but only so much. You and Grant flop down on the couch repeatedly, laughing like crazy. However, you can't stand to see pictures of Grant's birth. First you get angry and march out of the room and then you cry. You play well with baby Grant but, after a while, you get tired of him hitting you and pulling your hair or sharing your toys. You are willing to play with him in the "baby" section of the child care center at the gym so that he doesn't cry. You want to do everything that your big brother does, but he pokes at you and makes you angry a lot. You are rarely the start of any altercation. When you do get mad, you call everything "fat". "Jackson is fat." "That book is fat."
I'm so blessed to have your sweet soul in our family. I am so grateful for your gentle personality. You are the calm amidst the chaos.
With loads of love,
Mommy


9 comments:
He's SO cute! How do you not spend ALL day cuddling him!
Happy Birthday! We love you Lukey!
What a sweatheart. I only wish I had the opportunity to be around Luke more. I am the looser in that, sure miss you guys. Just the same he has an Aunt that loves him lots! Happy Birthday, Luke! We love you! Aunt Sue and Uncle Roger
So adorable! Three year-olds are truly something wonderful, huh?
I can't believe how big he is already!! Happy birthday Grant!
Calling all Mad Men fans!
I have entered a contest to win a walk-on role on the retro-licious show "Mad Men".
If you would take two seconds to vote for me, I would really appreciate it. Just go to my blog, or use this link to go straight to my photo page.
http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EZ3MBH
Thanks a bunch!
He sure does love his mommy... I barely see him let go of you when you are together. I'm sure it's exhausting at times, but I think it's so sweet how much that boy loves you.
Happy Birthday, Lukey Man! His hair is awesome! I just wish we could have spent a little more of those 3 years with Luke and your other boys:)
He is so handsome. Three years passes by quickly when you see how children grow up.
Post a Comment