We were lucky enough to participate in many Halloween celebrations this year.
There was pumpkin carving. This was particularly fun for me because it was the first time that Jackson was old enough to be a big help.
There was a school costume parade and party. I was thrilled that Luke loved his costume since I got it for $1 at a yard sale in the summer.
Luke was thrilled to go to the big kids party.
Luke was thrilled to go to the big kids party.
However, once he saw all of the kids, he melted into a big puddle of shy.
Grant had a great time, though. (Jackson is the Hulk, btw.)
There were multiple costumes. Thanks to Rachel, my sweet friend, Jackson wasn't unhappy for long when the Hulk costume we ordered was delivered. They sent an elf costume. Rach was kind enough to send a Hulk costume for him to use. Luckily, the replacement showed up in the nick of time and Jackson got to choose from two costumes. The one that Rach sent had a battery pack that inflated the Hulk so that he had some pretty big muscles.
Jackson wasn't the only one who got to wear more than one costume. I had several that fit Grant so he spent time as a lion, a Chinese Emperor and a monkey.
There was cake baking and decorating...and eating.
There was a friends Halloween party complete with scary stories and mummy wrapping.
There was a trunk-or-treat at church.
I was told many times that we won the best decorated trunk prize, except that there wasn't a prize for that.
(Of course, I can't figure out how to get my pictures from my phone to my computer so you will have to envision the mummies and the trunk.)
There was trick-or-treating.
Luke was thrilled that it was finally "Halloween night". Of course, the minute he got outside and saw all of the other kids he melted into another puddle of shy.
Trick-or-treating made me realize, once again, that we have a major age gap when it comes to the kiddies. Jackson ran ahead with his friends and there was much of the time that we couldn't even find him. (Thank goodness for the daddies of his friends.) Barrington had to carry Luke, due to his shyness, to each house. He did warm up at the end and walked up to a few himself. Grant was very into running after the other kids and walking up to the houses as long as I was holding his hand. After a while, though, I realized that he really didn't care about what was going on and we just strolled along. Thanks to some nice friends, we were able to take the little ones home while Jackson got to finish with his fun.
For two days following the festivities, Luke wore Jackson's Hulk costume everywhere. For some reason his shyness faded when he was the Hulk.
And there you have our fun filled Halloween 2010.

11 comments:
WOW!!! With that much of a fun filled Halloween!! I can't wait to see what Christmas will bring the Wilkin's Family!!
PS: your welcome for the costume! I am glad he had a choice!!
That is the coolest cake! I bet it was polished off.
Fun! We were in the 80's so no fun cute furry costumes for us.
OMGosh, the hulk costume is great! Every time I see it, I LOL. I also love all the other costumes your kids got to wear. What a deal for Luke's costume! Even my homemade costumes for the girls didn't cost nearly that little. That cake is to die for. Can you bake one for me and send it my way please? I'd just be happy with that big chocolate-y thing:)
Those were adorable pics! And that cake, was that a chocolate tree?? and if so where did you get it?? very very cute!
dude, I wanna come to your halloween parties! All we did was...oh ya, that's right, MOVE..what a nightmare I would have rather dressed up in spandex and answered the door at the White House...uGH! Oh well. I love when you blog...you do it when YOU want to and when you have time! mucho love to my denise!
Wow, 3 costumes for one tiny little boy - love the lion and the monkey. Jackson looks great as the Hulk and Luke is so cute with his precious smile. I can see why you don't have time to post more - chasing after 3 boys is a full time job. Love, Mom
Halloween is exhausting. That cake is amazing. Thanks for putting the rest of us to shame.
I keep meaning to email you about clothing for pictures...I was just going to say that my kids wear uniforms to school so they have hardly any "real" clothes. My kids are wearing their church sweater vests with jeans and then I just went into our closets and found stuff to kind of match.
That makes me feel good that you think we have good clothes for pictures. I always stress it. My only advice is to start pulling a bunch of stuff from your closets and lay it out on your bed and move stuff around until you find a good combination. You may have to buy one person something here or there but I can usually work up a pretty good combination. THis time I only bought Sam a shirt.
Good luck!!!
Amazing time you are a great mom. Jimmy is a great dad also going trick or treat etc. The boys were all decked out. What great fun. Thank you for sharing. Love Dad
How cute! That cake looks awesome!
Post a Comment