Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Luke's Latest Antics

Our sweet Luke has been working on lots of fun tricks lately. The first, and most notable, is his new found ability to walk. He actually began walking about a month ago (around 15 months) however he chooses to walk so infrequently that this is the soonest I could get a video taken. He is quite proud of himself, but still chooses to crawl or push a step stool in front of him rather than walking in an upright fashion ninety-nine percent of the time.



Luke is becoming quite a character. He will take every opportunity to find an open toilet and loves to imitate his family. He can often be found "brushing" his hair or "talking" on the phone. He is also very helpful when he comes across a box of tissues. Since he has seen me blowing my nose nearly 24 hours a day with a sinus infection lately, he will pull out a tissue and hand it to me. Or, shove it into his mouth and make a noise that I can only imagine sounds to him like nose blowing. For the last little while he has been completely obsessed with, well, see for yourself...



The other day he found one of his old shoes that he could not fit his hand into. He had several mini tantrums throughout the day whenever he would try to get it onto his hand.

Jackson and Luke can often be found near our vents enjoying the warm air. This is Luke's newest adaptation.



As you can see, the fun times continue to roll.

14 comments:

drmudgett said...

That is soooo cute! I wish we could get more videos of Anna, every time we try and record her, she stops and stares at the camera!

Virginia said...

Okay, what's up with boys and vents? Alex has been taking the covers off the vents since he started crawling. It's annoying because he used to put things into the vents and lose them.

hdknowles said...

Looks like he wants to run instead of walk - great job, Luke. Love, Grandman

hdknowles said...

That should be Grandma.

Anonymous said...

Well Luke is doing great. I suppose he will be running around here in a couple weeks great fun. But no vents just radiators. But as warm as it is here since we arn't in Troy there will be no need to find warmth. He will always has a relative to hold and play with him in a pinch.

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

You're doing great "little man!". Can't wait til I see you in person. What a cutie! Love and hugs, Aunt Sue

Donna Black Davis said...

He is so darn cute! You guys make cute babies, for sure! How do you get the links to other blogs on your site? I can't figure it out. I can't figure out much these days. Hey, you'll be here soon. Yaaay!

holly b said...

hurray for walking! I'm so laughing that Linnea does the same things: toilet bowl as personal sink, shoes (or any object) on hands, etc. And the heater vents! oh the surprises I keep finding in them.... :D It's scary to think of what they'd get into at a playdate....

Melanie said...

Hey Denise,

I didn't know you are pregnant. Congrats!! Your baby is so cute!! Email me if you'd like to view our blog. I keep it private, but love to keep in touch other than facebook.

*~Petra~* said...

Ha. I love the whole baby in the vent thing. Very cute. :)

rick and cheryl said...

That is the cutest pic of him in the vent. Luke is one smart, cute kid.

Corinne said...

OH MY WORD.

Jana said...

It's hard to believe how fast he is growing up. Samantha is now 15 months and we've still had just a few steps. What is it with these second children who don't feel compelled to walk?

Karen said...

They are both so cute! Hard to believe little Luke is going to be a big brother soon too! Shayne used to pull one of our floor vents up like that and put all kinds of things down in it. Always an adventure...