CVS is one store that Danae is always getting great deals from. I decided to put her advice (as well as my new link I Heart CVS's advice) to use. A couple of weeks ago this was what I purchased from CVS:
Before I used my coupons and CVS dollars that I earned, my total was $134.37. After redeeming my coupons and CVS dollars, I paid: $56.52. That is not to mention the $14.00 in CVS dollars that I received to spend on my next shopping trip. So I saved, roughly, $91.85.
It does take a little time to figure out what is best to buy. However, I was pretty happy with my purchases. When purchased full price just the Excedrin, Tylenol, Miralax and Ponds almost add up what I actually paid. (I did learn that waiting until the last day of the week is not the best option. I could have gotten a free razor and earned several CVS dollars if I had been able to find a razor to "buy" for my husband. Of course, that razor was out of stock at both stores I tried.)
I'm feeling pretty good about what I've been learning. I'm saving money and it is kind of like a game for me. Click on my saving money links and try it for yourself.
9 comments:
Good Job. I always feel good when I have saved almost as much I spend. I went to albertsons and spent 120 and then redemmed some coupons (Buy 1 get 2 free meat) and paid $92 plus the receipt said I save $90, Which means I didn't pay full price for most things. I love bogo.
I also feel much more satisfied when I have saved a bunch of money. I do pretty well when I am on break and have a little more time to go to all the sales. Looks like you did well :)
Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great to save so much?
I got in on the couponing and drugstore deals after Mike heard a news report on NPR about a woman who coupons and saves her heart out. In the broadcast they actually visited a CVS store where she spent like $12 on about $85 worth of stuff. Mike was sold and got me in on the deals, too. He's been great about helping; he's the coupon clipper each week.
You did great. Now I have used coupons at the grocery for years, but haven't tired the CVS coupons. Hummm maybe I ought to. Thanks for the idea, always hunting for ways to save!
Now you know I am thrilled to hear this! I have always wondered why people don't take advantage of sales and coupons... I know no-one would flush money down the toilet, but in essence that is what you are doing if you don't shop frugally! GREAT JOB!!!! :)
I need to learn how to do that. I know it's a talent and I want to learn it. I usually do pretty well on in store specials, so I have an idea of how much I could be saving. I just hate newspapers. Any ways around that?
Denise, I just noticed your due date, oh my! Do you realize if you are one day early, that will be a quadriple family birthday party? Uncle Roger, Lee, Trinity and your newest addition. How kewl would that be? Just kidding, he would want his "own" special day. Just had to throw that out there. Luv and hugs, Aunt Sue
Great job Denise! I am not that great at coupons, but I will try CVS, never really shopped there for groceries and such. I just wish stores would give the lower price without coupons.
My sis and friends do this too and I'm slowly learning where and how...thanks for the tips! :)
Post a Comment