Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What Happens When Daddy Goes Shopping...

and brings back forbidden white bread?

Within ten minutes of arriving home from school this gets plopped in front of Mommy with the following request:

"Mommy, can you take off the crusts?"



(Don't forget to look in the background at the sugary forbidden cereal which was, apparently, found and consumed just minutes earlier.) And so goes my quest to have healthy children who are non-sugar-addicts.

In a follow up, Jackson actually ate all of this bread. He started taking off the crust himself after I refused. Then, there was a major tummy issue. Maybe he'll learn?

9 comments:

Julia said...

White, fluffy bread is such a rarity in our home, that it's almost become like a dessert. We women have all come to the conclusion that husbands are just big kids right? I mean, what would happen if we sent one of our kids to the store, debit card in hand?

Jen said...

LOL, it's so true how we've become accustomed to 100% whole wheat bread and only "healthy" cereals in this house. However, my husband is the exact opposite when he's sent to the store. He'll purchase ultra healthy items such as bread with pieces of bark in the crust. Mike brought home some Kashi oatmeal for the girls, and they were totally gagging over it.

Robin said...

If Rebecca goes to the store with Chad she usually comes home with some kind of candy. And then today I have to listen to a little girl ask for a treat the entire time we are at the grocery store. ugh

Higleys said...

Moderation It's all about moderation and husbands provide the moderation of sugar and junk that we fight the other 99% of the time. As for shopping I learned to be specific. I've even seen woman who make a digtal picture list. "Warning" If you are too specific and the item can't be found a reasonable substitute will not be bought. " I didn't know what you wanted"

couplabz said...

Too funny. I don't even try that. Patrick likes his cereals and we buy a white wheet bread that the kids will eat. Just remember how nice it was for him to go shop;p;ing for you!

*~Petra~* said...

Oh I am a horrible mom because I buy white bread and sugary cereals. I can't stand that wheat stuff. :-P

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

Oh my, I must have been a terrible mom, I bought white bread all the time. But back then there wasn't the information there is these days. Not a problem now cause I don't eat bread and Roger only eats a certain type! Hate to admit it but it is white also. I try to encourage his eating wheat and he will at times especially if he eats out. I applaude your efforts! Go girl you are a wonderful mom! Love and hugs!

hdknowles said...

As one who really doesn't eat peanut butter and jelly, I will have one sandwich a year - and it must be on white bread. We didn't start buying "wheat" varieties until you girls were much older, so you were raised on it. Sorry we didn't know about the evils of white bread sooner.

Karen said...

I try to always make time to go shopping...