There are strangers in my house right now. These are just one of the 11 groups that will be coming through this weekend. (And, who knows, that number could rise as I seem to get at least 7 calls from Remax a day to schedule appointments.) I've gotten over having it look perfectly clean. I've gotten over being away when people come. I'm not interrupting my schedule anymore.
Frankly, I got over those things the day that we found out that our landlords lied to us and that they were foreclosing the home that we are living in. I don't really understand it because we are certainly paying enough to cover their mortgage and taxes unless they have some astronomical interest rate. Needless to say, when we found the notice on our front door that the house would be going to auction in a few days, we were furious. We specifically asked the landlords if they were going the foreclosure route and the answer was no, they were doing a short sale. A couple of Realtor friends told me that that could take a long time so we decided to stay, missing an opportunity to rent a friends home for an amazing rate that would have saved us A LOT of money.
We were asked to stay and show the house in exchange for a reduction in rent. However, I have had to show the house at least 25 times and the rent reduction does not even kick in until our original lease ends on May 15. We finally contacted the landlords and told them that we knew about their deceit. They were surprised. But now, they are being more open and I'm less angry with them. I've been keeping my eye out for other rentals, but we are going to have a baby in the next few weeks and I'm just hoping to stay for at least 6 weeks after the he is born. It is a shame we probably won't be able to stay in Jackson's school district, but he is in the count for next year. That is great, but it means no carpooling or bus rides since we will, most likely, be living away from the other students.
Those of you in Maryland wouldn't even believe the price on this house. It is amazing. We've thought a lot about buying here because we could get an large home for far less than we originally paid on our tiny house in MD 6 years ago. However, we still own the MD house, so we probably wouldn't qualify for another. Plus, we don't know when we will leave Michigan and don't want to be stuck like unable to sell like so many others.
The upside to all of this is that if forces me to keep my house relatively uncluttered which I really like. Maybe, I'll be able to keep it up in the long run. And it is always nice to have a change. Maybe we will find our dream rental, in the school district, for $300/month. HA! You never know...
8 comments:
That's a lot of people looking at a foreclosure home. Hopefully you'll find a great rental soon, that you can be excited about.
Denise I am so sorry, all this and being so close to delivery. Hopefully things will go well and you will find a dream rental. It will all work out, I am just sorry this had to happen. My prayers are with you. Love and hugs
That sucks. We are thinking about you and our prayers are with you. Do you want me to get you anything on our trip?
BTW, Denise its kim Drake steel is Drew's dad's name
You rock. I forgot to mention on my comment on your last post that it made me laugh about the cutest baby contest. Luke was robbed! Love ya.
I remember showing my house a bunch of times when Maya was a newborn. It's totally brutal. Hopefully you can stop showing it soon and get some peace. As for not interrupting your routine, I fully agree that you have to continue to live your life.
Good grief! Just what you need at the end of a pregnancy, right? I'll be waiting for an update. Okay, when are you going to have this baby? How are the boys? We miss you so much!
You guys really have a great attitude about your housing situation. I hope it all works out for you.
Post a Comment