Since I'm so behind in my posts, my mother wants me to make sure that I state that Luke's birthday (that I last posted about) was on July 20th. And, while I'm at it, our twelve year anniversary was on July 25th. What can I say? I'm busy.
We were going to go out on our anniversary, but I was far too tired. We even had a babysitter lined up. We decided to stay home and watch a movie. This, I suppose, should tell me that I'm getting old. I did complete a project that I'd been working on since just before our ten year anniversary. I compiled pictures from our life together and scanned them. (Another sign that we are old, our wedding pictures aren't even digital!) I scanned in cards and letters, everything I could find and compiled them into a digital photo book. (I used My Publisher this time and was very pleased. They were having a buy one get one free deal which is a good thing, since the kids love to look at the 90 page book and Grant has already torn out a page.) I'm thinking it is a bit too personal to post, but I'm so glad that I did it and now we've got everything in one place.
Last year, we started the tradition of having a little celebration with the kids. It is our family's birthday, after all. The boys gave me some cards and we had cake, of course.
Grant had a far greater time with the cake at this celebration than at his first birthday. Maybe that is because this time the cake had milk in it and frosting with good ol' high fructose corn syrup.
As part of the book, I wanted to take a picture of the boys on the bench where Jimmy proposed. (It is oh, so overgrown and more like a swamp than a pond, these days.) These little guys are the greatest things that have come from our union. Don't let the mischievous expressions fool you, the world is and will continue to be better for their existence.
And, here they are in front of the Washington D.C. LDS Temple, where we got married.
I can't wait to see what the next twelve years bring us.
5 comments:
Denise, I love the idea of a birthday cake on your anniversary! And we are right there with you...twelve years in December and not one digital picture. Yikes!
Congratulations D. Oh and a BIG congratulations that Grant can have milk and high fructose corn syrup!
Congratulations! Sometimes I think of my dad when I think of you and Jimmy (since he was your bishop and as I recall, encouraged the union), so of course I'm thrilled for your anniversary! :). I also love the idea of celebrating as a family with cake and all! Sounds fun. What a great group you all are!
I simply love the picture on the bench. What a shot. Nice post. LY, DAD
Great post - and I too love the picture of the boys on the bench. Let's see, 3 weddings in 10 years -good spacing by all three of you. Doesn't seem possible it's been 12 years - wow! Here's to the next 12! Love, Mom
Post a Comment