So last Saturday, February 26, Jackson had his big day. My parents flew in for the event. I'm so grateful that they are supportive and take time to come and see us when they can. Here they are with Jackson:
My mother was kind enough to give the talk about the Gift of the Holy Ghost which, apparently, was far more exciting than my talk about Baptism (even though I did a cool trick when I made water change colors...twice). My father gave the closing prayer, which was lovely of him.
We had several good friends come from our congregation. They were a blessing to me as both Luke and Grant decided to be difficult throughout. Richard and Faye came up from Detroit.
Jackson was given a set of scriptures. He got an adorable smile on his face when he saw his name engraved on the outside:I also gave him a key with a Choose the Right key chain. It was the key to our earthly home and I wanted it to symbolize that his being baptized was the key to returning to his heavenly home. He seemed to really like it until the thing broke and then he threw the key into the snow! He felt so guilty that he climbed out of bed and went outside in the dark to dig through some 15 inches of snow. Of course he didn't find it. Soooooo, maybe we can find the key and fix it if all this snow ever melts!
Jackson and Daddy, who baptized him:
Jackson and Mom:
Our little family:
Since the only dressy clothes Jackson has are a bit faded and handed down, I wanted to get him something nice to wear. I looked at Target , Kmart and Maceys to find ANYTHING suitable. I really don't think I was being that picky. On my way down to check out Nordstrom , I found this adorable sweater vest and shirt in the window. I LOVE it!
We let Jackson pick a spot where we would eat dinner. His choice was Noodles. When we got home and he was in bed we chatted about the day. This is what he had to say about his big day."Today was my baptism. I felt good inside but I didn't really think that I was good enough for Jesus but I prayed about it and I felt better. I was playing hide and seek with Quinn and Todd (after the baptism but still in the church) and I hid to pray. I felt like I was finally a part of something. I felt strong and than nobody can stop me from what I was doing. I felt like Dad was about to cry and I thought, "Oh, no. Oh, no!" I felt like everybody cared about me and I finally achieved a goal."
The program:



10 comments:
what an awesome day for jackson and such a sweet testimony
Glad we could come to celebrate this big milestone. Just found out that Izzy's baptism was at the exact time and day as Jackson's - how bizarre is that?
Jackson is becoming a great young man. Also congrats for winning 2nd place. Nice pictures and post.
Those days are so special. I'm happy for your family :)
Way to go, Jackson! You will never regret the choice you made:)
So awesome! I cannot believe he is 8! He made a wonderful decision & I'm sure many more in the future!
A special day for a very special young man and his family!! Thank you for the nice post.
what a special day and a neat kid he is. I loved hearing his thoughts on his choice. It really does seem like yesterday that these kids were a bunch of toddlers running around. sigh.
what a special day and a neat kid he is. I loved hearing his thoughts on his choice. It really does seem like yesterday that these kids were a bunch of toddlers running around. sigh.
Sounds like a great day. Those pictures are sooo cute. Your family is just beautiful. I love Jackson's outfit too. Nice work.
I can't believe my Luke is getting baptized in a few months!
Post a Comment