Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011 in Pictures

We (finally) have weather worthy of short sleeves.  Considering this was the outlook just one week ago, 


it may just be an Easter weekend miracle.  I'll take the warmth for as long as it is there, though. Those pitiful and cold flowers are happy as can be now.


 Saturday, after a day at the gym full of rock climbing and swimming, the boys got to take their first official walk to the park with Daddy.  It was heaven, I tell you.





That little trip gave me time to make preparations for the traditional dying of the eggs.


The boys had fun, well, the little ones had fun.  I think the eight year old might have officially outgrown the tradition...


Daddy spent some time talking about the REAL reason that we are celebrating Easter.  The boys had a FULL day and went to bed nice and early so that the Easter Bunny could get to work.  Baskets were filled:


  The picture of the Savior standing outside the tomb was placed for all to see.  Plastic eggs were stuffed and placed strategically on the deck and in the back yard:

All was set for a morning full of surprises.  

Grant was the first to wake up and discover his goodies.  


Jackson was less than enthused about his stash.  (I blame this on the big ticket items that his friends seem to get every year.  I refuse to make Easter about a DS or an Ipod Touch.)


Luke was the most fun to watch this year.  He was surprised and thrilled with EVERYTHING:
 He even thought the "grass" was a treasure to behold:

Then, it was off to the back yard for an Easter egg hunt.  There were 49 eggs to find.


Unfortunately, 40 of those eggs had been invaded by some unknown animal who must have visited our home over the night, devouring the yummy goodness.  The Easter Bunny has surely learned its lesson.


Despite this little issue, Luke and Grant had a blast picking up the empty eggs.

Then, we headed off to church to show our gratitude for our Redeemer.

After church we were so blessed to be invited to a friends home to have a most delicious Easter lunch complete with oh, so divine fruit and chocolate dip. We had a wonderful time and the kids even hung out and watched Tangled to make an afternoon of it.

I'm so grateful for this time of year and for my friends, family and Savior.  Happy, happy Easter! 








5 comments:

Scott and Megan said...

LOVE the documentation!! Jackson cracks me up! He is 8???? wtw? Oh how sweet is the innocence of little Luke and Grant? Your eggs are rockin! Nice work on hiding them, what a treat for some animals who is now recovering from some serious sugar shock eh? Dang those boys are adorable! NOW PLEASE can we move on to SUMMER? The word s.n.o.w. was mentioned on the weather channel last night and I promptly turned the TV RIGHT off! Son of a..............! i miss you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

this is a great post. the boys look like they too are ready for some warmer weather. Nice job on the baskets. What fun...ly dad

hdknowles said...

Those photos are great - Grant looks so grown up now. I'm guessing it was a raccoon that invaded your back yard for those chocolate treats - he must have had some strong hands to open those eggs! Guess the Easter Bunny will have to set his alarm very early next Easter morning.

brooke said...

Darling pictures--the kids are adorable as always.

I thought I was bad giving my kids flip flops and a book---kids are getting ipads for Easter? What the?

Karen said...

Totally cute! I can't believe how big they are getting.