Happy birthday to my baby. It is hard to believe that you are two. The time has passed so quickly for me. You are one adorable guy. Seriously, those dimples just melt my heart. You've just got the cutest little face on the planet. I love to watch you run with your cowboy legs. They are truly bow legs but you don't let that stop you. You have an umbilical hernia which causes your belly button to stick WAY out. You think it is normal and wonder why other people don't have such a "button".
To describe you as a tornado might not be strong enough. You are passionate. You love to see everything. You hear every sound and ask with an excited and high pitched voice "wisen!". "Burdies" are your favorite. You want to carry them and don't understand why they never let you get close enough to do so. You love to stand on tables, jump, climb and color on anything other than a piece of paper. (I'm talking permanent marker on walls & dining chairs.) You are a fighter. You love to hit and can get very angry. You want to do what you want to do. They call that being independent. (It will serve you much better in the future than it serves you now.) You can be the tough guy, but I have seen you several times comforting someone when they have been sad or hurt. I even saw you doing this with a baby who was a stranger to you.
You love shoes and ask to have them put on your feet ALL.DAY.LONG. Sometimes you want a third shoe put on and get very upset since you don't have a third foot. On the other hand, you take your shoes off most everywhere you go. You love to play in water and have absolutely no fear of it. You love your "bop" (pacifier) and your "boppy" (blanket). You love to hide in the dryer and in closets. You get upset because you cannot physically open windows or doors in books. You try to escape to the outdoors as often as you can. You are terrified of one particular song on your sound machine. Whenever you accidentally turn it on, you begin crying with terror in your eyes. (This is a video. Your reaction is usually a bit stronger, but you are distracted by the Ipod I am using to take your video. You want the Ipod to play Angry Birds.)
When we leave to go anywhere you run to the neighbors yard to look at the rocks painted as animals. Then, when I count, you take a deep breath and run at me with a
You have been chatting away for quite a while now. I think you can express yourself very well with words already. You have a very extensive vocabulary and love to say the blessing at dinner time already. I will miss the little toddler voice that you have and the way you mispronounce some words. You weigh 28 pounds and are in the 91st percentile for height.
I'm so grateful that you came into our family. Without you, there would be a lot less fun and energy.
With love,
Mommy
Here you are when we sang Happy Birthday to you.
4 comments:
Oh No say it isn't so. Granty Grant is -2- He is growing up so quickly. Wish I could be there for the big event. Denise you did another masterful job on this entry and the photography class is really paying off. Have a great third year of life Grant I love you, Pop pop.
This post made me happy. I hate to say it, but I laughed at the first video. Sorry Grant.
This is so cute - I love the videos. Hope he had a wonderful birthday. Love, Grandma
So cute
Post a Comment