Monday, February 16, 2009

Jackson at Six

Dear Jackson,

It's hard for me to believe that you are already six years old. I still look at you in awe of how handsome you are. (Sorry, You hate it when people call you handsome. I meant cute.) You are definitely all boy. You love to wrestle and play sports. At night your favorite activity is to play Run Attack with Daddy...but only if Luke plays too. You are usually one of the best players on the team at any sport you try. You want to be a soccer player when you grow up so that you can have fun and make a lot of money to give to poor people.

You get frustrated easily when your clothes don't feel right and don't like it when you don't get your way. You make friends easily and are a good student. You are beginning to learn to read. You are a very picky eater and would rather eat junk food all day long than anything healthy. You don't like your food to be combined in any way. You love to watch tv (even though you broke the tv and have been grounded from watching for a couple of weeks now). You love to imagine. You like to try new things. You take gymnastics and karate and love them both. You are precocious and inventive and love to make things whether it is food or treasures out of recycling. You are obsessed with collecting every McDonald's toy ever made, even if it means spending your own money.

You are very curious and love to read books, especially if they are about animals. You are independent, sometimes a little too much for me. You can get embarrassed easily if you are the center of attention. You are well liked by your friends and always make them laugh. You are such a kind and responsible big brother, always making sure that Luke is safe. Sometimes you feel like you are left out, though.

Your smile, with those dimples, just lights up the room. You have such a gentle sweet side to you. You can't stand to see anyone upset or hurt. You always try to make it better. You are very intuitive and can tell how a person is feeling even if they are trying not to show it.

I'm so glad that you came to our family and that I get to be your Mommy. Happy sixth birthday!

With more love than you know,

Mommy











Pictures from the big party:



9 comments:

couplabz said...

Awesome cake! And what a wonderful letter. Could he be any more handsome, I mean cute?

Malin said...

Happy Birthday Jackson!

Natalie said...

Oh, those dimples are to die for! He's such a handsome (sorry Jackson) boy. He looks so grown up! I loved that letter. He's lucky to have amazing parents.
Happy bday Jackson!

Kim said...

I love you jackson, hope you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Great letter. Glad to see that Jackson got his turtle - cake atleast - you are very cleaver Denise. Six - WOW - Hard to believe. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

How wonderful, a precious letter to a remarkable young boy! I am proud to call him my great nephew and you my niece! Love to all of you. Aunt Sue

hdknowles said...

Nice to see how much you know your little guy. Lovely sentiments, dear daughter. I am so proud to be your mother and Jackson's grandma. Six years really flew by. Love, Mom

Jen said...

Oh, what a wonderful tribute to your Jackson. He's got such a cute personality and spirit, and he's really growing up to be such a handsome fellow. Although I'd have to say Jackson is about one of most adorable babies, too.

Karen said...

I can't believe he is 6 years old already! The time goes too quickly...That was a great letter :)