After the festivities Jimmy and I were lucky enough to go and get our first somewhat real look at baby number three. (Thanks to Grandma Nancy for the birthday money!)
It was such a neat experience. I was hesitant about bringing the boys and ended up having a sweet friend babysit them as I imagined the process being a lot like a normal ultrasound in a small room with medical equipment everywhere. How wrong I was! The room was spacious with two leather couches and a very large screen where we watched baby stretch, suck his thumb and move around. And, the picture was much clearer and larger while we were there in the office. I was a little disappointed that the boys weren't there because it was a lot more comfortable than I anticipated. Sure, I've had the 2 dimensional procedure before, but this was so much more clear and I really knew at what I was looking.
Being able to see the baby that I constantly feel was a real reminder of how miraculous it is to be a partner with God in creating this new little body. I feel so blessed that I have a body that allows me to carry a child, something I see so many of my friends struggling with. I am grateful that I am able to share a special intimate bond with my children long before anyone else ever sees them. I love being a woman and all of the complexities that that entails...minus the hormones and weight gain, of course ;0)
13 comments:
Wow, those pics are amazing. What an awesome thing for you guys to be able to do on Valentines day! The miracle of birth is so incredibly amazing. We are truly blessed as women to be able to carry those precious souls for the time we do.
Oh Denise, what a wonderful Valentine's Day! And the pictures of the new baby are so clear and wonderful. The technology now is unbelievable. When I had my ultrasounds, I would look at them and say, "hum there is a baby there?" and study and study and try and figure out where the baby was. It is amazing how God has blessed women with the ability to carry children. I can hardly wait to see your newest addition and to learn his name!. Love and hugs, Aunt Sue
Denise, the pictures are amazing! I'm really glad you were able to get the ultrasound! It's so neat to see them like that, isn't it?
Congragulations! I look forward to when it happens to me! Lovely pictures!
WOW Amazing so clear looks a lot like Jackson. I have never seen such a great picture with ultrasound. How did you find this place. You are doing a great job obviously. It is loke we know him already. How exciting....
That is so cool! He looks so scrunched up in there--and he looks like the boys. What a neat experience.
Wow! What else can be said?! It never gets boring seeing the ultrasounds (even #5 was exciting!) What an amazing thing, to be able to see the baby that is growing inside of you...what a boost! Thanks for sharing
Isn't technology wonderful - this new 4-D ultrasound provides much more clarity - some moms have said how much the baby resembles the sonogram once the baby is born. It's nice to see him before he is born. Isn't he adorable? Now, what is his name going to be?
Denise, that is so wonderful! What a great valentine's day for you guys :)
Oh Denise - I am so jealous! How cool for you to be able to see that sweet little baby.
Awesome!
FanTASTIC!!! I remember going with Robin to do one of those in Bethesda - it was incredible!
I can't believe how clear that looks! Are you going to find out if you will have a boy or a girl? So sweet!
Post a Comment