Monday, June 29, 2009

Blessed

Yesterday Grant was officially given his name and blessing by Daddy. We were quite certain that Grant would cry (which, for him, means scream) the entire time, making everyone cringe as the sound amplified through the microphone. However, the little trooper held out and didn't make a peep.



The day was a little bittersweet since we have always had all of the family and many friends there with us. Both Jackson and Luke had little "parties" at my parents home after their blessings with a cake and lots of loved ones. Things were much more simple yesterday. We did have some friends who Jimmy met on his mission and has stayed in touch with, Faye and Richard Knox, come from Detroit for the occasion.



This is our first picture as a family of five. Too bad there is a branch in front of Jimmy's head.



When we got home Jackson and I decided to have a photo shoot with Grant. Jackson took this one of Grant and I.



And I was able to get this one of Grant smiling. This is amazing since this is probably his fourth or fifth smile. I don't even think that Jimmy has seen him do it yet.

11 comments:

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

What wonderful photos. I know you wish more family could have been there but it was a special day. It looked so sunny and bright. You all look great. Denise you look great! The children are growing up so fast. Grant is so handsome. Jackson has grown so tall. Luke so adorable. What a nice looking family. What a special day. Thanks for posting the photos....I for one really enjoyed them! Luv and hugs, Aunt Sue

couplabz said...

Seriously, your kids couldn't be any cuter! They are all so darn beautiful! How do you not just stare at them all day?

I still remember both my kids blessing days and how wonderful they were and who was there for them. And I love the family pic with Jackson in the tree. Precious.

Jen said...

Aww, how sweet! Grant is starting to look more and more like his big brothers--so handsome. We probably won't get to have family at #3's blessing and only had Mike's sister/her family for Annie's, and Mike's mom for Mimi's. That's what comes with living out of state from family. I'm sure you had lots of support from your ward though. This is what's great about being LDS.

couplabz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

Darling pictures. I'm sure it was hard to not have family around, but I love blessing days--they are so sweet. And you look terrific!

hdknowles said...

What a beautiful grandson, if I must say so myself. Well, all three of them are beautiful. And Denise, you look terrific. Wish we could have been there for the blessing. We miss you all so much. Dad will be there next week (and I told Jackson he should take Pop Pop out for fish and chips). Love, Mom

Higleys said...

So sweet

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Looks like you had a great day. We miss you and I look forward to seeing all of you next monday. Jackson looks like he has grown quite a bit since he was here. Grant looks like such a happy baby maybe it just seems to you like he cry baby. He looks happy in all the photos I have seen. See you soon love, Dad

Michelle said...

Grant is adorable (of course, all your boys are!). I know how it feels not to have much family around...that was our situation in Memphis. Very low key. Although I'm sure it's harder knowing the alternative with all the family and friends. We only had the one so far. Who knows what'll come next! Glad you still had a nice day with your own family of 5! You guys look great!

Kim said...

Wow! I see that grant is quite a looker just like the other two! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Wow. Jackson takes good pictures! Grant is so stinking cute.