I wanted to spend the day with friends since we weren't able to be with family. That didn't work out because it seemed like everyone that we asked had plans. So, we did our small little family thing again this year.
There was food, easy food. I'm talking canned veggies, frozen pie, store bought rolls. I wasn't going to spend hours cooking for us when the kids were likely to hate everything and I couldn't even eat half of it due to my "Baby Grant Diet".
Jackson even took a picture so that I could be in one. (And he actually loved the food and tried lots of new things!)
Grant enjoyed his sweet potatoes:
Future film directors were born:
School Thanksgiving crafts were displayed:
Naps were taken.
There was a lot of this:
Lists were made of things for which we are thankful.
Cookies were made and delivered to the police to continue our tradition of doing something to show others that we are thankful for them.
And Grant looked on enjoying his very first Thanksgiving:
All in all we had a very nice and laid back day. We were able to get a lot done and had a lot of fun together. (We even listened to Christmas music on the way home from the police station. I caved a few hours early!)
6 comments:
Denise Thank you for the post seems like you had a good Thanksgiving after all. Very nice of you to bake and take cookies to the police. Very excited to have you come home for Christmas.
Why the police cookies? Sounds like a great idea and probably very appreciated. Just wondering if it is a tradition or something new this year just because, or if they were extra special nice to you guys! Just thought I'd ask :).
Loved the videos - is Jimmy expecting to lose his job? Luke's defiance was very funny. But in the end you got him to smile, if only at the tail end of the video. Looks like you had a good dinner and the service project to the police department was a nice thing to do. Maybe this will be the start of a new tradition. See you in 6 days.
That does look cute and relaxed...and I know this was asked, but what made you decide to show the police some love? (not that they don't deserve it..just wonderin..) And Luke is so so cute! I love the "No!!" ..at least he knows what he wants in life!
Nice
That looks fun! I really like the idea of making the cookies for someone to show you are thankful for them.
Post a Comment