All of my clothes were either packed or dirty. I decided to wear the outfit that I wore to church. Of course, I didn't look at it until Monday morning when I put it on. There were baby stains everywhere. So, I tried on the only other black shirt that I had, which has always looked horrible; back to the original baby stained shirt. Here I am chiseling the baby food off of my sweater on my way to a function sure to be filled with lawyers and other "important" people in freshly dry cleaned business attire. The day was off to a great start.
Anyway, we got to the office and had a little time to spare, so Jimmy showed us around. Jackson just loved the view from the office. The view includes a peek at Canada (beyond the water on the right), but Jackson was more impressed with the puddles on top of the shorter buildings.

We met lots of his co-workers who were all very nice. (And, might I add, wearing clean clothes. Seriously, the women there were so put together. I wondered if any of them had ever been in "mommy mode.") We went on a short walk to the courthouse where he was sworn in.

The person to the right of Jimmy is his boss, the US Attorney of Michigan. The man to the left is the Judge and the other man is co-worker who was also sworn-in. The ceremony was in a beautiful courtroom. I have to say that I was very happy for Jimmy. It was great to see him achieve something that he has dreamed about for so long.

A reception was planned for three o'clock. So, we had only 4 hours to kill!!! Luke had already missed his morning nap and I just wasn't sure how we would make it. We decided to walk down to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch where, in my eyes, the most important part of the day took place.

(J/k, Jimmy) I had my first soda in almost 8 weeks! Oh, the divine nectar! (If you have read the My Obsessions post from April, you will understand.)
After lunch, Jimmy went back to the office and Jackson, Luke and I spent a couple of hours exploring downtown Detroit.



Ok, really we just checked out this fountain and hung out in Borders, but they were both in Downtown Detroit.
After, the reception, we were walking back to the car where Jackson took a spill and had a really hard time getting over it. Over the next few hours he mentioned several symptoms that sounded like he might have a concussion. After a bit of debating we decided that he would be ok and just needed to go home and end a very long day. Unfortunately for him, we had one more stop to make.
We finished the day by picking up our new (used) car.

We got a great deal on it and I think it will last us a long time. It is a Buick Rendezvous and was one of very few choices that had a third row. We weren't out looking for a particular car/minivan, but were pleased with what we got. I thought it was a pretty unique vehicle until Jackson and I counted 14 of them as we drove the 3 miles to the library and back today. I guess they are a great value or they are just trying to get rid of them...only time will tell. Right now, though, we are enjoying the space and freedom of having a car while Jimmy is at work.
And, thus, ended quite an eventful day.
9 comments:
Well it sounds like it was a day full of excitement and well deserved aclaimations for Jimmy. I am sure no one noticed the baby stains on your clothes. You are such a good mommy! Glad Jackson was ok. I bet everyone was tired from all the excitement of the day. Things will settle down once you get into a your normal routine. We are all so proud of you all. Love and hugs. Aunt Sue
For some reason, I can't see the pictures. Love the commentary, though. Way too long between discourses. Love, Mom
Uncle Bob says: Great day - congrats again to Jimmy. It's great to have a celebrity in the family. Thanks for keeping us all up-to-date through your blog, despite your very busy schedule.
I couldn't see the pictures either.
I don't know what is going on with the pictures. The codes are still in my post. I've got a question in to blogger to figure out what the problem is. Sorry. I also added pictures to the Highlight/Lowlight post and they are gone too.
You can see the pictures in your post still?? Are you uploading them from your hard drive or putting in a link to an online photo service?
This sounds like a really exciting event
Congratulations Jimmy! What a lot of exciting events for everyone. I wish we could see the pictures. Dayle loves looking at Jackson's pictures and blog.
I see great pictures. Also Jimmys door very impressive as is the position. Wish I could have witnessed the big event in person. But seeing it on the blog is wonderfull. Thank you for sharing the special moments. Love, Dad
You guys look great! Hope you love the new car.
Malin
PS. I couldn't see the pics before, but now I can. Hopefully the problem is resolved.
One nice thing about being a teacher is that we are all frequently covered in mommy stains and no one seems to mind :) Shayne's favorite breakfast for the longest time was PB&J on wheat toast. I went to work many days with peanut butter handprints on me! The picture of Jimmy and Jackson looking out the window is wonderful! Did you take it?
Post a Comment