Monday, October 3, 2011

Summer Fun in Maryland, Part 2: Downtown and Fishing

We had so much time hanging out with my parents and Jimmy's parents.  We stayed in my parent's home, which is always fun for me.  I remember being a kid and going to my Grandmother's home where my Mom grew up.  I always thought it was cool to see where she lived and to think of her playing there.

I decided that since the only vacations we seem to go on are to Maryland, that I wanted to make sure my kids had some experiences that involved exploring.  My father and I took the boys downtown to check out the Museum of Natural History.  I remember many field trips to this place as a kid.  Luke was so thrilled to ride the metro that he smiled from ear to ear all the way down. 

The museum was a big hit with the boys.  They loved seeing the animals and I could tell that Jackson would have liked to spend more time learning about what we were seeing.  Of course, the little guys didn't want to wait around.  Jackson loved the insect zoo and got to hold lots of nasty little creatures.
I found the exhibit on race so interesting.  We didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked.  Maybe next time we will go twice, once without the little guys so that we can really take everything in.  

It was so nice of my friend, Emily, to loan us her stroller for the visit.  I MAY have accidentally backed over it after we got back to our car.


Jackson has been really into fishing for the last little while.  He had been three times and never caught anything.  So, I called our good friend Rich who we used to fish with when we were dating and asked if he would take us out.  He was more than happy to show us the ropes and Jackson ended up catching 18 fish!!!  Even though the day was incredibly hot we had a blast.
Jackson even got to drive the boat!

Like I said, it was HOT.  This is Grant after just a few minutes on the dock.  The water you see is all sweat.  It felt really nice to get onto the boat and cool off bit.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Denise, This was a great visit and it was a fun time. We did a lot of things in a short period of time. Hersey Park, Beach, going to Smithsonian and more. Each time I see the boys they seem to be changing and growing up so quickly and I am glad that I am able to see them as often as I am and that is because of you getting us together. Looking forward to your holiday visit. This is another entry that would make a photo journalist jealous because it is so professionally done. Love, Dad