We celebrated two birthdays while we were on vacation. Luke turned four! We had cake and a few presents, as he really wanted to have a birthday party with his friends once we got back to Michigan.
We decided to break up the trip a bit by stopping at Hershey Park. My parents, Jim, Nancy and their grandchildren, Devon and Trevor joined us. We stayed at a nice hotel and had fun swimming in the pool there, going out to eat at Red Robin and visiting Hershey. (Clearly, I wasn't doing very well taking pictures, because I only have a few. And none of Nancy!)
It was an incredibly hot day. I think the heat index was something like 115 degrees. The humidity was fierce. Frankly, spirits weren't all that great at the Park when it comes to the adults. The kids had a blast, regardless. Most of the adults decided that it was too hot to go on after only a few hours.
We parted at the hotel and my parents traveled with us to a science center in Harrisburg, Pa. I thought the town was so cute and the people were super nice. It was a really great center.
| We said goodbye to my parents and made one more stop at a really yucky motel where we hung out to break up the drive. The only thing to do there was to walk to McDonald's and play on the play land. For some reason, Luke insisted on carrying the Bible that he found in the motel back and forth. |
We had such a great trip and I'm so glad we got to spend so much time with those that we love and show the boys some new places along the way.


No comments:
Post a Comment