I guess it shouldn't bother me that when my sister has a question about a current event, she calls my house and NEVER asks for my understanding or opinion. She doesn't even say hi to me. It is just, "Is Jimmy there?" Granted, my husband is far more interested in the subject, but I do follow what is going on in the world and have opinions.
Tonight her question was about the Barrack Obama and his pastor controversy. I think that his pastor seems really over the top, but I can understand the background to some of the comments that he has made. He is way too theatrical for my taste. It really turns me off. But, I think it is great that people are talking about the race issue. It may be volatile for a while, but hopefully it will end with people of different races gaining a clearer perspective about where others are coming from.
No comments:
Post a Comment