I think that most everyone knows that we are planning a move to the Detroit area at the end of May. Barrington got a job as an Assistant United States Attorney, his dream job. It was unexpected since the job offer came two years after the interview.
Barrington, Luke, and I are staying with some friends of Barrington's, the Knox's. He served in their ward when he was on his mission. I've spoken to them on the phone over the years, but this is my first time meeting them. They are such a funny and sweet couple. They live in the cutest home. I'm not sure what style it is, but the architecture is beautiful. There are archways throughout the house and really interesting ceilings and crown molding. With the negative things I hear about Detroit, I am noticing that it is a much more positive place after spending time with people that actually live here.
We have driven through some parts of the city that look like what I have heard, though. Boarded up buildings and homes, etc. You can see what the poor economy has done to the city. That part of it is really sad. The people in those areas don't look very happy.
We left Jackson with my parents. He hasn't called, so I'm assuming he is having a fabulous time. Barrington didn't want to leave him, but I thought that he would be so bored. After our flight was delayed and looking at lots of homes yesterday, I am really happy that he stayed. I miss him, but I'm sure he is having a lot more fun at home. Plus, Luke hasn't been sleeping very well and that has been pretty draining.
1 comment:
Just for the record, Jackson is missing his Mommy and Daddy, and has his moments. Yesterday he said, "I can't remember what Mommy and Daddy look like." We are trying to keep him entertained and we went to the National Aquarium Saturday - it was exhausting but he wants to go back with his parents to show them all the exciting things we saw. Now we are getting ready to make chocolate chip cookies. May go see Horton Hears a Who tomorrow.
Mom
Post a Comment