I'm making an
appetizer for a
pre-Easter dinner with
Barrington's family. I thought I would post the recipe. My friend Rachel, introduced me to them when she made them for my baby shower. The recipe is from Paula Dean. They are called
Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps. They are really just a heart attack waiting to happen. But, what a way to go!
Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1(1lb)package sliced bacon 2/3 cup brown sugar 3 tablespoons chili powder Directions
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut each bacon slice into thirds.
- Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Stir together, brown sugar, chili powder.
- Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture.
- Grease cookie sheet with a little olive oil.
- Place chicken wrap and bake 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
It seems like they need to be cooked much longer than 35 minutes, maybe my oven is not warm enough. I always give myself double the cooking time that the recipe mentions.
1 comment:
Denise, I didn't know you made those. They were soo good I ate too many. Dad
Post a Comment