I feel like I've read about a lot of people's quirks lately. This is really traveling around the blogoshpere. I've been tagged by two people now, so here goes...
1. I can pick up anything from a pacifier to a Boppy pillow with my toes/feet.
2. Much of the time, I don't like to be touched. However, it is only a certain kind of touch. I just hate light touch. Once I had a massage that was too light and I thought I would die before the thing was finally over.
3. I feel like I'm going to freak out if someone is making too much noise with their food or their gum, especially my sisters. (Sorry girls.)
4. I walk on the outside of my feet so much so that by the end of the summer my flip flops are so uneven that they topple to the side while just sitting there.
5. The only kind of "sauce" on my food that I like is ketchup or blue cheese dressing. I can live with a very microscopic amount of mayo or mustard, but crazy concoctions like honey mustard or bar-b-que sauce should be poured into the sewer. This causes me problems when I order food sauce less and it comes with the sauce smeared on like crazy. I just want to scream when that happens.
6. I cannot allow any of my limbs to hang over the side of the bed. Otherwise, I think that scary things from under the bed will come out and grab them.
7. Along that same line, when entering a hotel room I make sure to check under the beds and in the closets. I am checking not for bugs or anything normal like that, but for dead bodies.
Now you know how truly crazy I am. So that I don't feel alone in my craziness I am tagging Kim, Aunt Sue, Jana, Karen, Michelle, and Stephanie (as if she will ever read this to know that she has been tagged.)
9 comments:
Those are good. I could name quite a few of those as my own quirks also. The sauce thing (except for the blue cheese), limbs hanging over the bed, and I'm not looking for dead bodies, but the live ones - they scare me more.
I'm with you on #3! Am I the Michelle you're refering too, or someone else?
I guess you thought you would have some company with the crazy stuff with me and you will. Let me think...
Did someone scare you as a kid from under the bed or something...LOL? I'm kind of picky about sauces, but I don't really like either of your choices though. Ketchup is for hot dogs, hamburgers, and fries ONLY. Mike, on the other hand, believes food is just a vehicle for getting ketchup into your mouth. He puts it on rice, eggs, roast, anything. Ish!
I hear ya on #5. I also agree with #3. It really bugs me when I go to the grocery store or somewhere like that and the person I have to stand face-to-face with is smacking on their gum with their mouth wide open. So disgusting. When I chew gum I keep my mouth closed, and I expect my girls to do the same. I will blow bubbles in my mouth though (mouth closed) and they make a series of popping noises. I'm sure this annoys people around me...don't care.
Denise - These are so good. It has really made me think about the pet peeves I have. I truly HATE hearing people eat!
I don't think I've ever looked for dead bodies in a hotel room - I guess I'd assume they'd smell bad enough to notice. But I do look for dead bodies anytime I'm on a walk. In the bushes, in the canal I walk over, I am convinced that I will see a dead body floating by and wish I had my cell phone on me to call 911. That might have been a little more crazy then I'd like to let on about, but there you go. :)
Dang! Do I really have to do it? I'll consider it--but it probably won't happen quickly.
you slay me. I love knowing that other people have crazy things about them, makes me feel better :)
Post a Comment