Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our First Visitor

It took five months, but we finally had our first overnight visitor! My father came out on Friday and spent the weekend, leaving Monday afternoon. We had a wonderful time. The boys couldn't get enough of Pop Pop and I couldn't get enough of the break that I had while he played with them!

On Saturday, we spent the late afternoon at Jackson's last soccer game of the season. It was exciting to have Pop Pop there to watch the action. Jackson scored once or twice. After the game, the team and families went to Pizza Hut to celebrate. Each of the Storm team members received a special medal. Jackson is still guarding it with his life. (He doesn't want Daddy to take if for himself.) He also snuck it into his backpack so that he could show his friends at school.



My father has been dying to see the Redskins play since they are doing so well this season. So, he purchased a ticket for Jimmy and brought loads of Redskin's gear for us all. Jackson decided at the last minute that he wanted to join them. They had a great time sitting in the 6th row! Things weren't so great as they left the game, though. Someone ran into the side of the car and then tried to drive a way. Unfortunately for him, they were both stuck at the same traffic light. Apparently, Jimmy leaped from the driver's seat to inquire where the man thought that he was running off too. The man signaled that he would pull over, but he didn't. No worries, though, because it gave my father just enough time to get the license plate number. What heroes!


We also had a blast bowling.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a great time. You were a great hostess and host. I enjoyed everything. The boys are great fun. Jack said he would score a goal for me and he scored two. Thank you for a great trip and look forward to your visit here in a couple weeks. But sorry about the accident....

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that your dad could come visit! I'm sure it was so wonderful. I know how exciting it can be to have family visit when you've moved away. Did you find the guy who hit your car from the plate number? Quick thinking for Jimmy and your dad! I hope that all gets resolved. Were the tickets to the game cheaper there than if he had gone here? Awesome that they got to go to the game and sit that close, and that your dad was there!

Karen said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a great time.

couplabz said...

How neat that they got to go to the game together. Dayle loved going to a VT game with Bennette & Patrick.

Sucks about your car, but that driver will get theirs. Hit and run, what an idiot.

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

So happy for all of you. I know how much you dad was looking forward to coming out. I am sure you all had a wonderful time. The photos were great. Love and hugs, Aunt Sue

rick and cheryl said...

Looks like a fun visit, despite mean people. I'm glad you all had fun though. G'parents are the best!

Jen said...

what a fun time! we had our first visitor right around the same time as yours:)

Malin said...

What a great time! Lucky you can bring Luke both to the farm and in the classroom. FCS doesn't allow siblings for almost anything except the Halloween parade. Tough when they have 1-2 field trips a month and need drivers...

We had super weather for Halloween, but now it's cooled down. Does Jackson have a "best" friend at school?