In anticipation of her visit, I altered the boys nap schedules and assumed that I would be waking them up for a couple of hours to visit between 10 pm and midnight. Frankly, I wasn't too excited about that or waking up at 6 am to get her back to the airport. So, I told Jackson that he would have to help me convince her to switch her flight. Then, Jackson asked me to be quiet and I knew that I was in trouble. After my mandated silence I asked him what he was doing. His answer? Praying that Stephanie could stay longer. I was pretty sure that switching a flight would be expensive and I knew it that the likelihood of this plan working out was VERY slim. I, then, told Jackson not to be upset if Heavenly Father didn't answer his prayer because "He is really busy helping all of the people in Haiti and their needs are more important right now." Huh? Where was my faith?
Needless to say, Stephanie was able to switch to a later flight and without paying a dime. And so, Aunt Stephanie was able to spend some time with us and meet her newest nephew, Grant. Not only did we have a fun 23 hours with Stephanie, but my sweet little boy learned that prayers are answered. And his mom learned A LOT about being faithful.
12 comments:
That is a story you will always treasure!
talk about cute boys look at those lookers. Grant is a big boy now. So sweet, what a nice visit.
OK, that photo explains a lot! I saw you guys together (must have been at church) and I thought, "that girl looks like she could be Denise's sister. Can't be, though, because her sisters live so far away." That is so great that you got to see her, even if it was for just a few hours.
What a sweet little boy you have! Sounds like you are doing a great job raising him in the church. Whats up with the blond hair- Stephanie!!!!!
Awww, two of my girls together in one place - that's rare these days. Love, Mom
Love this post. Great to see you together. The boys look great. Miss you. Love, Dad
So nice that you sisters could work that visit out. You definitely look like sisters. I see so much of you in her smile:)
How fun that you got to spend time with her... and good for Jackson for having that kind of faith... If only we all kept that through our lives. :)
Definetely a story to remember forever. What faith Grant has!
That's great that she got to stay longer! And no getting up at 6:00 am...double bonus.
Just saw this. Fun times! Thanks for the visit. It was great to see you all. I don't think I have a pic with just you in years.
I love Stephanie! What an awesome post. How wonderful that you are teaching your boys to be men of faith.
Post a Comment