Ha, I was thinking the same thing when we first moved here that MD has nothing on us in the way of snow and cold. They have definitely gotten way more than their fair share of snow this winter. I hope all our D.C. friends are surviving it.
I would not mind this much snow every winter, then I would have all the right equipment for it! (Snowboards, GOOD sleds, plow, etc etc!) I think the toughest part has been trying to plow the driveway...the local and federal gov't has done an AMAZING job with snow removal on the roads...! I think we are getting better and better...now, if we could figure out a way to keep school going during all of this we could be true members of the snow club!
We haven't had a snow day. We've had a snow week. We won't be going to school until Tuesday. Tomorrow is a canceled Professional Day and Monday is a holiday. Of course we are expecting more snow on Monday night so things may change. It may become "snow month." I am praying that since they are declaring the State of Maryland a disaster area that we might not have to make up all of the days.
Well no need to apologise because next year I am quite sure you will take your position as having more snow. For us it is a record that will hopefully not be beaten any time soon. Have a great day.
The kids in AZ get all crazy when it RAINS or when it is WINDY. They would totally Loose Their Minds in that kind of snow. Of course we can handle 117 degree weather like champs. I think it's awesome that the kids there go out to recess in snow pants!
8 comments:
Ha, I was thinking the same thing when we first moved here that MD has nothing on us in the way of snow and cold. They have definitely gotten way more than their fair share of snow this winter. I hope all our D.C. friends are surviving it.
I would not mind this much snow every winter, then I would have all the right equipment for it! (Snowboards, GOOD sleds, plow, etc etc!) I think the toughest part has been trying to plow the driveway...the local and federal gov't has done an AMAZING job with snow removal on the roads...! I think we are getting better and better...now, if we could figure out a way to keep school going during all of this we could be true members of the snow club!
I'm glad you finally you see the light. Sorry you missed all this - I might be able to get out to go to work tomorrow.
We haven't had a snow day. We've had a snow week. We won't be going to school until Tuesday. Tomorrow is a canceled Professional Day and Monday is a holiday. Of course we are expecting more snow on Monday night so things may change. It may become "snow month." I am praying that since they are declaring the State of Maryland a disaster area that we might not have to make up all of the days.
I think the kids will be in school until the 4th of July.
Thanks for that apology, friend :) It's funny b/c I know we got more snow than this every winter growing up in Utah, but it's still pretty crazy :)
Well no need to apologise because next year I am quite sure you will take your position as having more snow. For us it is a record that will hopefully not be beaten any time soon. Have a great day.
The kids in AZ get all crazy when it RAINS or when it is WINDY. They would totally Loose Their Minds in that kind of snow. Of course we can handle 117 degree weather like champs. I think it's awesome that the kids there go out to recess in snow pants!
Post a Comment