We are back from our very tiring trip to Detroit. We looked at so many homes. Most were very nice. Of course, the one we really wanted had already accepted an offer. So, today we are working on placing an offer on our second choice. It is so frustrating. We have gone back and forth with the realtor so many times that I can't count. There is another application in and we are trying to get them to choose us. We have other choices but I just want to know where we are going to live to get it off my to do list. I was a little disappointed to find out that the school district only has half day kindergarten. Jackson already goes to school 5 1/2 days a week and most of his friends are going to all day pre-k programs. You can send them to a full day that adds music and art to the curriculum for a mere $3000 payment! By the way, this is a PUBLIC school.
It is so good to be home, though. We went straight to Jackson's school to pick him up. He got a big smile on his face when he saw us. He gave us hugs and then promptly asked if he could sleep at Grandma's and Papa's tonight. I'm glad that he had so much fun. It is comforting to know that he feels so comfortable with them. However, it is really nice to be back home and together.
2 comments:
I'm glad that Detroit turned out to be better than you thought. It's exciting to look at houses, I think. When are you leaving?
I wish that they had 1/2 day kindergarten here. But, I can see where you're coming from.
Are you stalking me ;)?
Post a Comment