Most people dread Mondays since the work or school week begins again. Since my job as a SAHM doesn't give me any time off (much less two whole days a week) Monday's aren't particularly exciting for me...or so I thought.
Yesterday was the first Monday in a long time that we didn't spend with my father. Monday's are generally his day off from work and the boys and I would usually run errands with him or hang out and go to lunch. Sometimes he would babysit. (Ok, it honestly wasn't every Monday but it was nice to know that we had the option to see him because he was right down the street.) Anyway, now that we live 8 hours away that isn't possible anymore. So, even though yesterday was such a busy day, I still felt like something was missing. I miss you Daddy!
FYI - Last night was the big night. Jimmy actually posted on his blog. Check it out and leave a comment. If he gets enough response, MAYBE he will post again this year! And for all of you who think that he is so sweet to write what he did about me in his About Me section: I wrote that! I thought it was obvious, but I guess not. I mean, I am amazing and he is a good husband, but come on people!
7 comments:
You will make your dad cry with that comment. He is missing his time with you and the boys. Love, Mom
Ha! I wish I could spend as much time with my dad as you were able to before. I'll have to check out Jimmy's blog :)
Welcome to the club..my parents live across the Atlantic Ocean and my in-laws in FL. It sucks! It's wonderful that he has been able to spend so much time with his grandsons previously, and I'm sure it will shape the people they will become. If you don't have already, maybe webcams would be worth an investment?
Malin
Well here I am 8 hours away. I really looked forward to spending time with you and the boys. Mondays won't be the same. Miss you alot already. I will have to visit as soon as possible after a visit to England to see Kim and Drew and my first granddaughter. Jack and Luke will be growing and I will miss out but will visit soon and look forward to your visit July 5th. Love you, Dad
how cute...that makes me sad that you are away from your folks. I have some friends that are moving to Ann Arbor for law school. i think you are wonderful!
That is so awesome that Jackson has those memories and built the foundation of a great relationship with his Grandpa. Reading what you wrote reminded me of why we moved here to be close to Patrick's parents. I can only hope that Eli and Dayle will have as many wonderful experiences to look back on as Jackson obviously will. Your boys are lucky to have such doting grandparents.
I love reading your posts, I have tried to leave replies before but haven't been able to I will try once again. Wish me luck! I do read them all the time. Love to all Aunt Sue
Post a Comment