Thursday, July 3, 2008

On our way back home...

Today we (the boys and I, and by that I mean me) are packing up and getting ready for our trip to Maryland tomorrow. Thankfully, we will be flying in the morning so we won't have to fly through any fireworks. I have never flown with both of these guys let alone done it on my own, so I'm glad that it is a short flight.

We will be able to be there to watch the fireworks at our usual spot, the University of MD, and go to the annual picnic at the Kelley's home. I am excited to see our friends and family and Jackson is excited to ride on a plane.

He asked me yesterday if we were going to live here in Michigan. I was a little surprised because I thought that we had established that fact already. Plus, we've been living here for almost two months now. I guess it is finally starting to sink in.

We had some friends that we have met at various places over for a water party on Tuesday. Jackson was pretty excited to have friends at the house. He planned the whole thing and came up with the idea. Here is a little peek at the fun.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh!!! I'm so glad you're coming! It'll be so great to see you guys. Talk to you soon :)

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

Oh I know your mom & dad must be so excited that you are coming! Have a wonderful visit. Enjoy the 4th! Love & hugs! Aunt Sue

Malin said...

Maybe you are here long enough to stop by the CPNS summercamp Tue/Th and see the new playground?

Have a great trip!

Malin

couplabz said...

I wish we could have been there. We'll be there in 2 weekends for a youth temple trip and Kelley fix. I know I just had one but you can never have enough! Maybe there'll be another time when our paths in MD will cross.

Michelle said...

Glad you got to go home for the holiday. I can't wait for some good fireworks next 4th of July. University of Maryland or DC, haven't yet decided :). Hope you had a good trip (and I hope the flying was alright!)!

Jana said...

How did the flight go? We all just flew to Las Vegas, which was hard with Brian's help. I'm doing it solo on the return (from Portland, OR). Yikes. So glad you got to go back to CP for a little while...post pictures.

holly b said...

hope you're having/had a great time!