Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This is something that has been going around Facebook like crazy. I resisted until 6 people tagged me. Once I wrote my list I kept thinking of other things. It is actually a lot of fun to reminisce. I tag anyone who wants to participate.

1. I love mustard, cheese and grape sandwiches.
2. When I was six months old my father dropped me in the ocean when a wave knocked his glasses off. I still claim it is why I hate going into the ocean. The real reason is that I don't like the thought of random sea things touching me.
3. I LOVE to travel and I love fun surprises. I don't do either one enough.
4. I once built a snow cave and slept all night in it. When I woke up the roof was so close to my face I had to wiggle out.
5. I can count (on one hand) the number of nights in the last two years that I have slept for eight straight hours.
6. I have played water polo and skied with my legs tied together.
7. The first time I walked into a room full of people with developmental disabilities I almost had an anxiety attack. It all melted away after spending two minutes with them and now I miss working with them terribly.
8. I am an all or nothing person. I have to limit my consumption of soda and fast food to once a month. If I don't I will eat/drink it for every meal.
9. I love to choreograph. I got to do it in high school and when I worked at pools I LOVED making up synchronized swimming routines. I once got two of my burly male
coworkers to join me in a routine.
10. I wish I were less responsible.
11. I have flashed the city of San Diego.
12. I went to Girls State and the National Dance Team Championships in high school.
13. I am really cheap. I always look for a deal.
14. I have been on ESPN.
15. I can pick up anything from a pacifier to a Boppy pillow with my feet.
16. I'm incredibly grumpy when I wake up.
17. I have always worried A LOT. It is getting worse as I get older and have kids, though.
18. I have worked at one pool or another for at least a third of my life.
19. I have trained over 100 people in CPR and First Aid, at least two of them have used it to save a life.
20. I love staying at home with my kids but I often miss going to work and being an "important" person.
21. Even though we didn't get engaged for two years, I told a friend that I was going to marry my husband the first night that I met him.
22. Back in the pager days I was a pro at ruining them. Once I jumped in the pool to rescue someone and once one fell into a high powered toilet just as it was flushing.
23. I went to Belgium for three weeks as part of a high school exchange.
24. I camped and traveled by horseback for 5 weeks in college.
25. I have never had an alcoholic drink.

7 comments:

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

Denise, I learned lots from your list I didn't know about you. What a wonderful idea! Wonder if I could think of 25 things people didn't know about me. I doubt it seriously. Might give it a try. We will see. Thanks for sharing! Luv and hugs, Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

Very interesting particularly the one a bout your father droppng you in the ocean. Where did you sleep all nite in a snow cave? Well you can sure do it agian in Detriot but do you want to? Yes ESPN yes I remember. You need to get more nites of uninterupted sleep. Also you are a VERY important person.

couplabz said...

I don't know how I missed #1 on facebook. My stomach turned when I read it.

Loved reading it again here. Maybe I'll post mine on my blog too.

Lissa said...

very fun to read! I hope the mustard, grape and cheese are three different types of sandwiches and not all on one! and I remember you pointing Jimmy out to me and saying "thats my future husband", before you were even dating!

Denise said...

Tammy,
Of course it is on one sandwich!

Kim said...

That is so cool that you built a snow cave, I learned how to do it myself on man vs. wild (but I have not as yet needed the skill!)
Did I ever tell you I once swam in the fountain outside of the capitol building with Blaine?

holly b said...

I didn't know you were such a water girl. that's some fun history. I've been tagged twice and have still resisted. it would take me over an hour to make my list so I continue to resist. oh, and I love grapes and cheese together. I like mustard so maybe I'll give it a try!