Jackson and Luke were thrilled to pick berries. I was pretty surprised that Jackson was so interested. Here they are running ahead of the group.
The boys were very particular about their berries. Jackson was a huge help. Without him, we wouldn't have had many as I kept getting interrupted to take care of the wee one. Luke enjoyed picking at first but mostly just loved being outside and following big brother around.
Grant explored for a while but this was the end result:
After our friends left we stayed because I promised the boys some farm animals. Of course, most of them were hiding inside from all of the heat. We did get to see this little cutie, though.
Luke was particularly impressed with the llama. The animals weren't too exciting but there were lots of fun activities to do. Jackson loved "milking" this cow.
We finished the day with some lemonade and a stop in the orchard store. I bought some blueberries and a tomato. I thought it would be great to have a fresh tomato for dinner. When I got home I noticed the sticker on it that said "Canada". So much for local produce...
7 comments:
I am so glad you had fun! I love the milking cow picture and Viv and Grant screaming.
The Canadian tomato is so funny! How great that your boys had fun. The picture of Grant and the other little one both crying could win some contest, love it!
You are such a wonderful mom! I hope you got some berries out of the trip!
That looks so fun...I wonder if we have anything like that here...
I used to hate berry picking when my mom dragged us year after year to the strawberry patches and blueberry bushes. So, one year when I decided my kids needed the experience I thought I'd just stay until they started complaining. Well, they loved it! THey filled bucket after bucket! Finally I had to leave. The farmer asked me, "Are you going to buy all of these?" pointing to our **66 POUNDS** of berries! I told him, "These are city kids... they love the agricultural exposure!" $75 that day! We had blueberries for breakfast...lunch...dinner...breakfast... and blueberry pies for every holiday for a year!
I love these kind of field trips for the kids. Annie and Mimi's preschools always did these. We try to go berry picking each year, too. Now we have a lifetime supply of strawberry jam.
I love that picture of the 2 babies crying. Ha!
Hi Denise!
So glad you left a comment on my blog and that you found it! Its always great to meet new blogging friends!
Emily
ToadsTreasures
PS Your kids are DARLING!!
Post a Comment