Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Glorious Labor Day

To bring the summer to an official end, Jackson and I decided that we would spend part of Labor Day at the beach. Jackson, Luke and I were lucky enough to find out about the Metroparks about a month ago. These are several lake front parks that offer swimming, biking, boating, mini golf, and a million other options. They are so much fun and the closest is only 15 minutes from our home. The boys and I have gone a couple of times already. Yesterday we used our most annoying whinny voices to badger Jimmy into joining us.

We had a really nice time swimming in Lake St. Clair and playing in the sand. I also declared it the No-Limit-On-Treats Day. The vendor was nice enough to give us a Sponge Bob ice cream treat for free that Jackson started and Luke finished. (It is amazing how free a day can be from tantrums and whining when no limits are in place.)



This is Luke enjoying the Spray Park. And, yes, he always crawls like this.



Other than the Spray Park, Luke enjoyed playing (and eating) the sand. And Jackson learned to climb like a monkey. (And I thought he already knew how to do that...)

5 comments:

holly b said...

what a great family outing. I think Luke's crawl is cute. Linnea did that "bear crawl" for awhile just before she started walking.

Jen said...

Oh, how fun! Isn't it nice when you find that the place you moved to actually has lots to do. I'm still discovering stuff here in Kenosha, too.

Luke is so adorable with that bear crawl. That's hilarious!

rick and cheryl said...

What a great day. I love nice weather. Andrew did the bear crawl too, hardly ever crawled normally. Glad you had a good time.

Kim said...

adorable!!!! sounds lik a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Luke is sooo much fun. He will be running soon enough. Like his style.