Jackson had a great day and seemed to enjoy himself. He wasn't very happy about not getting to ride the bus home (He's a walker.) or the fact that his teacher is mean and yells. (I can't imagine that, but compared to his angelic Ms. Joan from nursery school anyone would sound like they yelled.) It hasn't been too much of a problem for us to get there on time, since he starts at 12:35 pm.
Today Jackson had his first soccer game. I have to say that watching five year olds try to play a game that they have maybe played twice in their lives is pretty comical. I was pretty shocked that they had to have cleats and real soccer gear.
His team's name is the Storm. Jackson had a blast. He scored twice. (Not that they count because there is no score keeping until 2nd grade.) He kept asking, "Who won?" at the end of the game. Jackson is determined to be a soccer player when he grows up, so I guess this was the start of his career.
This is a little clip of him playing. He doesn't score here, but I didn't get the camera ready for the real goals. Jackson is #1 on the blue team. (If you really have some time to kill watch #1 on the red team, because he really should be playing football. There is no tackling in soccer!)
6 comments:
hi Denise and fam! oh it's so great to be in touch with you guys again. I didn't realize you moved to Michigan...(did i read it correctly?) if so, WOW! i hope you guys like it up there, it's probably going to be a tad bit colder than here in MD :) But I love winter, so i think that's pretty great.
and I cannot believe how big your boys are. they are just so handsome- what a happy family you guys have. definitely keep in touch! our baby Joe is getting so big too- and he's turning one on Oct 26. Joel's back at UMD finishing up on Kinesiology. I'm working pt from home for a non-profit org putting together afterschool programs for students. same old same old- but i'm still trying to get the hang of it :)
i'll be "checking in"- alas, I see the advantages to blogging :) love you guys! -the Pincocks
OH MAN. Five year old soccer. Seriously, it's so funny.
I'm glad you made it to Kindergarten (both of you!! Wahoo!)
What a great post. Jackson, you look to be a great, soccer player! Sounds like you have settled into your new home and life quickly. Love and hugs to all Aunt Sue and Uncle Roger
That kid is gonna be famous. I just know it.
WOW, Jackson is soo good at soccer. Tell him I think he is great. He will be a star. But I agree heis even going to be better at football. He throws a great spiral pass and can catch good too. Probably much better now that he is in kindergarden.
this is our first year of soccer to...it really is the best age to watch! Jackson is good. I'd totally want him on my team... :)
Post a Comment