Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Fun Run

One of the great things about Jackson's school is that they only do one fundraiser a year. After doing at least 30 fundraisers over the last three years at the preschool, this was quite a delightful surprise. (It's not even October and the fundraisers are over!)

Each September, the children ask for people to pledge to donate money for each lap that they run. They are given a certain amount of time depending on the grade. The kindergartners were given 15 minutes this year. They started out the race by playing the Olympic song and having the kids stretch. There was music playing to pump them up. It was such a cute activity. Jackson had so much fun and was very serious. He ran very hard. At the end of each lap they were given a rubber band. By the end of his time, he had run around 12 times. The lap was pretty big and I thought that he might run around five times but oh how wrong I was. Of course, there were parents cheering. I tried to entice Luke to get in on the action, but he wasn't having it. He would have loved to be in bed napping and once he saw the giant Sponge Bob character running around, he was utterly terrified. The kids were even given t-shirts, a nice idea, but in my opinion they could have saved on that and kept more money for the school. It was a fun day and a nice healthy idea.

8 comments:

drmudgett said...

Way to go Jackson!!!! I think that you are well on your way to catching aunt steph! Keep up the hard work. D, you know we would love to know when he has fundraisers etc. I guess we will wait for next year. Oh, and Jack, its never too soon to resolve who gets what before your mom dies, I mean that car might get taken by your dad if your not careful!

Anonymous said...

Great job Jack. Very fast runner. Congradulations. You are the best. Love POP Denise great blog as ussual.

rick and cheryl said...

That is a great idea for a fundraiser-and so nice to be done with them. What a great runner! I am impressed!

Roger & Sue Hilt said...

You go What a great runner you are! You must have helped to raise a lot of money. Denise you do such a great job blogging. Wish I were even half as good. Love and hugs, Aund Sue

couplabz said...

Wow - I am SO jealous about only one fundraiser a year. What a great idea. My kids FIRST fundraiser this year is yankee candles. Like I'm going to buy a $20 candle right now with the economy. Right.

I hope Jackson keeps the running up. I did track and I LOVED it! Sounds like he is on his way to being a great distance runner.

Virginia said...

I love! Love! your blog template. I planned on changing mine also for Halloween, and putting Halloween music. I just might use your template.

Jen said...

Hooray for Jackson!

What a great idea! I wish Annie's school would do something similar and keep it at that. We've already had to do one, and I suspect there will be many more.

CR said...

Denise, you rock! Jackson, you're awesome, way to go on your fun run! Luke, you're adorable! And Jimmy, way to go on having such a wonderful, HOT wife!