I wasn't going to post this because it is very one sided. However, it has been bothering me since I first watched it. You should know that I refuse to align myself with either party because I feel like both of them are flawed in one way or another. And, I don't know who, if anyone, I will vote for. And this video is an example of why I feel this way.
As you know, I was feeling very good and excited about the election this year, but listening to some of the speeches of late the bitter taste I have had in my mouth for politics since I began paying attention in 1992 is returning.
I cannot stand it when the candidates (or people speaking on their behalf) put each other down for a laugh. And it seems to be happening more and more. I thought things were going to be better this time around, but I suppose I was wrong.
One of the things that I'm doing is checking the opposing candidates web sites to see what they are saying in response to the other person's negative comments about them them. It is pretty enlightening how things get twisted. Hence, my frustration.
This is a funny clip from The Daily Show. Because of the current Palin controversy (who, BTW, I think is VERY interesting and a stand up person)the comments are mostly about her. However, it shows how politicians and biased "journalists" will say whatever they need to to win a debate. I'm sure you could find this on the Obama side as well.
This is the reason I am getting discouraged and my hope for a better country is fading...
7 comments:
Funny clip-Jon Stewart is always good for a laugh. You should go and quickly tape tonight's Glenn Beck. It's all about Obama and the double standards/speech with him. (At least that is what I heard on last nights first segement & his radio show was all about it, too but I didn't hear that. Heard it was funny though.) I love politics but hate politicians. Why can't they just choose the right like any 4 yr old knows and be honest with us?
Thanks, Cheryl. I read most of the transcript. I thought the beginning about him wanting to give AA's reparations for slavery through Universal Health Care was really racist. And some of the other stuff at the beginning about his "friends" was over the top. However, I did like learning more about his voting record. It contrasted him with Palin a lot. I wish she were running for Pres. Anyway, my strategy is going to be to listen to the candidates themselves during the debates and make my decision from that...
That was really funny! Confession: Bill O'Reily just gets under my skin so I was kind of glad that Jon Stewart made fun of him.
Can I just say that you are very brave for putting this topic out there?! I've seen so many people get angry and fired up, that I tend to shy away from discussing it. I'm very interested to see what happens in the debates too.
Wow, Denise. Glad I missed that one. I didn't watch it, I just heard about it on the talk radio stations. I agree, I wish it was Palin who was running for president. I still don't know where to put my vote...although it probably doesn't matter too much, but I still want to be able to make a decision. And yes, watching the debates will really make my decision too, too many pundits, but at least they give me some good laughs and you have to see ridiculiousness for what it is on all sides.
interesting clip - It is difficult to decide. As we know, O'Reily is a hypocrite at times. Also looking forward to the debates. Should be enlightening and entertaining.
that is a fun one, I've seen it around a few places. (I'm lame for commenting on this weeks later. politics change so fast! you have to check out the SNL skit if you haven't already. Tina Fey totally channels Palin. and "Hilary" is a riot!)
How did I miss this? Oh well, at least I saw it now. For some reason that was really hard for me to hear - I mean it wasn't loud enough and I could barely make some of it out. But it was funny and oh SO true about what everyone has been doing. I don't watch much of the news crap and stick to the interviews and debates.
Post a Comment