I was tagged a while back to list seven things that I hate and seven things that I love. I've had a hard time thinking of things to list. Until today...
As I start writing I'm sure that my list of 7 hates will pour out of my mind and onto the computer screen with the swiftness of my baby trying to get to the top of the stairs before I get to him and pull him down. The loves may be a bit harder to come by today, but I know I will feel better after I list them and remember all of the wonderful things there are in this world.
Seven things that I HATE:
1. I HATE that I have a baby squirrel living in my kitchen. I feel like it is going to crawl on me at night or that I will look over and it will be scratching the baby who is innocently trying to play with it. In keeping with this same category, I hate that none of us wants to kill the little guy, including myself. On that note, I hate that I had to paid $25 for a trap that is worthless because the little guy is so smart. I hate that animal control was no help at all and that I am probably going to have to hire a pest control company who will kill the creature anyway.
2. I HATE that I can clean a room, leave for 5 minutes and come back to utter chaos. I HATE doing laundry. This isn't so much about the act of doing laundry, it is always nice to sit and watch a tv show while folding and feeling productive. But, I feel like after all the work, the laundry baskets should remain empty for at least one day and it NEVER happens.
3. I HATE it when people lie or intend to deceive.
4. I HATE that in the last two days I have had to kill 5 bees...in my family room! I hate that I can't figure out how they are getting in. Most of all, though, I hate that one of them stung Luke today when he was, you guessed it, innocently trying to play with the evil insect.
5. I HATE to listen to whining.
6. I HATE credit card companies and their silly tricks. My interest rate went from 0% to 30% in one day! All because my payment was late by one day because we moved and didn't get the bill on time. Come on. And, may I just add that I just paid a service charge of $14 for them to be gracious enough to put today's date on my online payment today. (And it wasn't even 5pm!) I would like to publicly thank them for charging me to give them money.
7. I HATE that I worry so much, but I LOVE that my fears are almost always worse than reality.
Seven things that I LOVE:
1. See number 7 above.
2. I LOVE squishy baby fat. Those thighs and arms are so cute! It is so soft. I just want to squeeze it or sink my teeth into it. (I promise that I don't do it too hard :))
3. I LOVE "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Iz. (See my playlist which has been moved to the bottom of my blog. Thanks for answering my poll.) How can you go wrong with a song that combines two of the best songs ever written, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "What a Wonderful World"?
4. I LOVE happy unexpected surprises.
5. I LOVE the way the grass smells after it has rained or been cut.
6. I LOVE that I have a husband who knows me so well that I can freak out in front of him freely and still know that he isn't phased by it in the slightest.
7. I LOVE that my son, who loves soccer more than anything and always wants to win, will stop in the middle of a play to help a teammate up after they have fallen.
After writing the things that I love, I feel like I could go on and on. (mountains, College Park Ward, wonderful parents, that my son's school has only one fundraiser a year and that it is already over, clear blue skies, etc.) I guess that is the benefit of counting your blessings, it just makes you notice more and more. So, I'm going to focus less on the creatures that are currently residing with me and keep thinking about all of the things I love. And, if you feel like you need a little pick me up, I am tagging you.
8 comments:
Denise,
If I remember right you have a fireplace. SO from experience I would venture to guess that the little buzzards are coming in through your fireplace. Just a guess. And if you ever want a break from laundry I seriously would love to do your laundry, just hand over the baskets. I am nerdy and have laundry as a passion in my life, cleaning toilets not so much.
Pam
Ha ha. But, can you keep my hampers empty for 24 hours?
That was fun to read - I can't believe you have a SQUIRREL.
Alison had squirrels and racoons for a little while when they first moved in. They capped the chimney and got a live trap in the basement. We helped them unload the unwanted guests in Greenbelt Park, where they still live, as far as we know. We miss you guys.
Well I really need to come to your house for a visit to catch that squirrel. Also that nasty bee stinging poor Luke when he just wanted to play - they need to go. I could bomb the house and that will rid you of those pests. Oh I don't mean real bombs just the insectiside ones. Troy sounds dangerious maybe you need to move back to University Park where you belong.....
Very funny in a sad sort of way. Hope you catch that guy. I keep having dreams that we have mice. I am sooo paranoid about them, last night the mouse even told me that he wasn't a mouse, he was something else entirely. So on my list of things I hate it is definitely mice!! I also love the baby chubb though. so squishy!
oh how sweet is that post! i think i'll "tag" myself for that post since I do need an exercise of gratitude/self awareness. and girl, i love doing laundry. next time we see you, please allow me the honor. and i'm not even kidding- i do laundry like 2x a week!
So...I'm dying to know. What have you done about the squirrel--anything?
Post a Comment