Truth be told, I didn't have my camera with me. But when we arrived, boy did I realize that that was a mistake. Bless their sweet little hearts, the boys ages 12-17 had their church pants folded up to their knees and the best I could figure was that they were trying to rid an entire parking lot filled with 6-8 inches of water by using dust pans to scoop water into mop buckets and trash cans. I also witnessed one young man sucking on the end of a hose to siphon out the water. Others were directing parking and helping people to get around the water. However, as I took in the adorably comical scene I really wished I had my camera with me.
Well, I got lucky. We sat down for the service to begin and there was an announcement. The meeting would be starting 15 minutes late. This was my chance. I raced home to get the camera. I'm so glad I did because this was what happened after the meeting.
I have to say that the kids had a blast. Jackson asked if we could go back on Monday with swim trunks on. I even joined in the fun. (Ok, if I wasn't the only adult in the water, I was close to being the only adult.)
I still don't understand if the boys actually thought that they were going to put a dent in that parking lot. And I'm really glad they didn't try all day, because just as we were leaving it began to rain again. Jackson sure had fun helping them out, though.
11 comments:
WOW. haven't seen that in my church parking lot!
Hmmm... we didn't have church either. But it wasn't near as fun!
WOW! that is a crazy site indeed! I didn't know there was flooding going on up there. good for you getting your toes wet!
Denise, what a touching photo, children trying to help. They are really practicing what they are taught in church. Even though they don't realize most likely it may not help. They realize however, "with the Lord's help all things are possible" I am glad that it was a good day. Blessings, Aunt Sue
Wow, what fun and exciting. Great camera work as ussual.
I love it! It must have been so fun!
Ah, yes Denise I would say not yelling is an act of kindness after something like that happens! Love and hugs, Aunt Sue
I know you'll get snow up north, but that much rain - amazing. Who would like a hurricane could effect Michigan! Love to see everyone working together to try to try to alleviate the flooding. Love the picture of Jackson and the bucket.
I love excitement like that! Especially on a Sunday.
That looks like fun! I don't think we would have even got Eli into the church with that much water available for play.
Your toes are beautiful!
Post a Comment