Monday, April 28, 2008

A Beautiful Sunday

Wow, yesterday I had such an amazing time at church. It started out as an ordinary Sunday, but throughout the meetings, I felt so overwhelmed with gratitude. It is really hard to describe, but everything seemed to just hit home.

The speakers in Sacrament meeting spoke about drawing closer to God and then Jimmy had to speak because one of the speakers didn't show up. He told about a dream that he had about Jackson. Although, I had already heard about his dream, it was touching to hear about his experience again. Then, in Sunday School we talked about the natural man and how we sometimes have to fight that to accept Heavenly Father's will for us. Will spoke about his feelings about losing his wife recently. It was really touching to hear about his faith and struggles.

As Relief Society started, I sat and thought about how much I love the people in my ward and wondered when I would be able to share my feelings with them. Then, the teacher, Noreen, said that the lesson was about testimonies. She said that she kept being prompted as she thought about how to teach the lesson to make it a testimony meeting. So, I was able to share my testimony. I thought that she was really inspired. And I had that feeling where you think your heart will just beat out of your chest if you don't say something.

She also did a neat thing by asking us all to switch seats at the beginning of the meeting. Then, she explained that we don't grow without moving. Since I am literally moving in my life, it really hit home. I have thought as I try to look at the positive aspects of the move that it will be good for me to move out of my comfort zone. It will help me to grow. Noreen's example confirmed that to me.

I had such a joyful feeling of appreciation for my Heavenly Father and all of the blessings that he has given me. I know how much He loves me and am so grateful for the people that he has put into my path to teach me. When harder times come, I want to remember this feeling and the happiness that I feel in my life today. I'm so blessed to recognize the quiet peaceful way that the Holy Spirit speaks to us.

2 comments:

mmmandy! said...

In our experience of moving 4 times, it is hard to leave. It never got easier. BUT I am grateful every day that I've met so many amazing people. I never would've learned or grown as much as I have, otherwise. You will be blessed and taken care of in ways you never thought. It'll be great... you'll see. :)

Lissa said...

You are so wise to realize that and view your move with those eyes, I was really skeptical about moving so far from my own family (even though it's only an hour!), but my experiences and understanding could not have grown the way they have without this move, and I am so thankful for it...it will be difficult, but at least you can take your blog with you and still share everything with us!!