We made milkshakes last night and told Jackson about the move. We figured that it was time, since everyone knew except for him. (Plus, we have to start packing and he is pretty observant :) )
He was not very happy. He said that he didn't want to move to Michigan. He was very interested in knowing how he would have playdates with all of his friends. He wanted to make sure that Nala and Nemo, our pet cat and fish, would be there. We showed him pictures of the house and talked about how Daddy would work in the Motor City. He cried. I feel so badly about making him leave his friends. I feel badly about leaving MY friends. I guess we will make new friends together. We decided that we would be detectives and find all of the things he likes to do in Maryland when we get to Michigan. This morning he asked if it was an April Fool's joke :(
3 comments:
That sounds like a hard night. But I know you guys will make loads of friends.
Awww! Poor guy. The April Fool's question is heart-breaking! Hopefully he'll start getting excited soon. When are you leaving?
oh, that is sad for him. moving is hard for the social ties for sure. It's been 6 months exactly and I'm still feeling like we just got here. but we are living in total small-ville where everything closes down by 6PM. I'm sure you'll have a great time in your new town.
Post a Comment