I didn't realize how tired I was today until I nearly fell asleep while holding, and playing with, Luke. Luke is so unpredictable with his nightly sleep that I can be up with him two or six times per night. I though it was teething but now I don't know. Regardless, I don't feel like sleep training him before we move to my parents and then to Detroit, just to have to do it again so it will have to wait a few weeks.
When I should have been packing boxes, I bribed Jackson to be quiet for 30 minutes. If he could complete the task, I would give him a cookie. My exact words were, "Don't wake me up unless there is a major emergency, like a fire. And even if there IS a fire, ONLY wake me up if the smoke detector is NOT going off." He agreed and I went to lay down.
(I just had to give Luke the baby Heimlich for a quick second. Where was I?)
Well, lets just say I was interrupted at least 3 times during my nap and the house was NOT on fire. Most of the questions were about cookies. When I came out there were remnants of cookies all over and there was caramel on the toilet seat. (I didn't even ask how that happened.) So now, I am still tired and all of the junk food that was in the house is in Jimmy's car. Confiscated. I am tired of fighting!
1 comment:
I can't even tell you how familiar this all sounds. Oh how I miss sleep!
I love that you had to pause to give Luke the Heimlich- I laughed out loud! (Not that choking should be funny or that I should find joy in your son being the choker.) Good thing you were the best CPR instructor around!
Post a Comment