This weekend was General Conference for my Church. Recently, the former Prophet, Gordon B. Hinkley, passed away. This was the first time that I have heard the new Prophet, Thomas S. Monson speak as the President of the Church. It is always hard when this happens because I have grown to love the previous prophet and what he has taught. The thing that I'm so grateful for is that I know that my Church is lead by Jesus Christ and that the teachings of any Prophet (or Church leader) will be in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ. Individual people may mistakenly teach the wrong thing, but it would quickly be corrected.
I've heard so many times, friends and relatives of other religions leaving their congregations because they disagreed with the Pastor or Minister. Or going "church shopping" to find the "right" congregation within their chosen religion. Or, even, staying in the congregation even though they disagree with the preacher (Barrack).
That is sad to me. If one believes in a particular religion, then the teachings of that religion should remain the same no matter who is teaching them. I'm glad that I can count on that as we plan our move and attend the congregation closest to our new home. I know that the Gospel will remain the same no matter where I go and that brings me great comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment