Thursday, April 3, 2008

My obsessions

There are few things that I enjoy more in this world than soda and fast food. I can't get enough. And because I am such a person who has an annoying all or nothing mentality, I have to cut myself off. Some might argue that I should just limit myself to something like one soda per day. I have tried this approach and it does not work for me. (It is a good thing that I don't drink alcohol. I am pretty confident that I would be an out of control alcoholic if I did.) It really doesn't matter what kind of fast food or soda that it is. It is all wonderful. Because of this obsession, I have made a rule that I can only partake of fast food or soda on one day per month. April 1st was my special day and boy did I enjoy myself. Well, it is April 3rd now and I just had McDonald's with a Diet Coke...for breakfast! Since my one day has turned into three days of junk - no water, fruits, or vegetables; I must publicly make my commitment for this month. So, I'm off the sauce until May 1st. Feel free to pray for me ;)

No comments: